My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Maia for five nights back in May/June. As you'd imagine, this is one of those places that manages to exceed all expectations. The idea of a personal attendant seemed to be excessive upon first arrival but that fear passed as the staff are extremely adept at making you feel at home...a really, really nice home.
We stayed in one of the few beachfront villas. it was fantastic. Ocean waves could be heard thought your private yard and into the bedroom. There was more than enough privacy for my liking but I can see why they offer more remote locations for those seeking total solitude. I wouldn't have traded in the beachfront room for anything. It was a pure joy.
From past reviews I got the feeling that this resort tried to keep you onsite. I like to explore and that was my one hesitation (aside from price). Let me dispel that idea. The Maia staff were happy to assist in getting a rental car and offering great places to explore.
We visited almost all the beaches on Mahe (Praslin and La Digue too). The beach right in front of your door is truly exceptional, even by the high standards of the Seychelles. While the ocean waves are strong, it's easy and fun to swim. They even have staff monitoring swimmers but I think it's mostly for a sense of security should the unexpected occur.
The restaurant was great too. While we did eat out once, we found the food and wine to be well above my expectations. Yea, the peppercorn fish was amazing. I'd go back just for that. The spa was excellent but I prefer a swim in the ocean any day.
Things I enjoyed most were; the breakfast served on the patio or by the beach, the room itself, the chef in the restaurant who made my wife's day by cooking vegetarian dishes like that was his gift to this world, and being able to walk into the ocean whenever the mood struck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maia is more than a sanctuary, more than an escape and much, much more than a hotel. It is a place of physical, mental and spiritual awakening, a place of rediscovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maia Luxury Hotel Anse Louis
- Maia Luxury Resort And Spa
- MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa Seychelles/Mahe Island