This is a nice hotel for honeymooners but not as much for more practical tourists, since it's quite expensive and there's no road access.
The facilities are nice and well-kept with the sole inconvenience of lack of light because of the venetian blinds. The huts facing the ocean are the nicest. The bathrooms are quite modern, with shower cabins and all amenities (shampoo, shower gel, conditioner and lotion).
There are three giant turtles just wondering around the hotel's gardens. They try to hide under small bushes but don't realize one can spot their big shells from a distance.
The service could be improved. In several occasions we had the feeling that staff in the restaurant couldn't care less about us and our needs. On the contrary we were always impeccably treated at the reception desk and one of the staff here even had the kind gesture of holding the shuttle boat at the pier for us to be able to return to the hotel from the jetty.
There's a lot of Italian tourists, since the owners are Italian. The furniture, the appliances and even yogurts are imported from Italy!
Breakfast is buffet style and very continental (oat meal, crepes, sandwich loaf, yogurts ). Apart from the local fruits, everything else feels too much international or even just Italian.
They serve complementary coffee/tea and cakes between 5 and 6pm. One is also entitled to a complementary bottle of water, which we never got.
The shuttle boat respects the schedule but it's not enough. One is obliged to have dinner at the hotel, since the last boat is at 23h15 but upon request. The last regular boat is at 18h15.
Transfer from the airport costs 30EUR. A taxi will cost half that price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on its own private beach at Anse la Farine, the New Emerald Cove Hotel, provides the perfect gateway to one of the most distinctive islands in the world: Praslin.Anse La Farine is situated opposite the Baie Ste. Anne jetty and the Hotel is reached by short boat trip. With the sea being the only access route, the New Emerald Cove offers its lucky guests a unique experience: that of being on an island of one’s own.The HotelIdeally situated between a thickly wooded hill on one side, and the azure sea on the other, the New Emerald Cove offers comfortable and refined accommodation in an unforgettable tropical setting. As there is no road access tranquility and privacy are ensured.The reception, the impressive high-ceiling restaurant and the seven chalets - totaling 42 rooms - and are scattered in the lush gardens just beyond a white sandy beach. The swimming pool, cleverly located almost on the beach itself, offers beautiful views of La Digue and Round Island: a scenery that deserves to be admired. This, of course, provides the lucky guests with the added incentive for perfectly justifiable, guilt-free lazing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your New Emerald Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Emerald Cove Hotel Praslin Island
- New Emerald Cove Praslin Island