We have just returned from 8 nights at the Black Parrot suites at Coco der Mer and would agree with a lot of the comments made by recent reviewers. Our room was large and very comfortable except for the bed, which could do with being replaced. The staff are so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. At times we were the only people using the fabulous pool and facilities and it felt a lot like our own private villa.
The Waterfront Spa is staffed by two wonderful therapists and we loved their individually designed treatments.
Although we had a wonderful time, our holiday was somewhat spoilt when our room was broken into while we were at dinner on our second night. Luckily, we didn't lose anything as they were obviously looking for cash, which was safely locked in our room safe and our cameras and my Kindle were left untouched in the room. The hotel owners, managers and staff were wonderful and immediately moved us to another room and by way of apology, organised a day's car hire and a good bottle of wine, both free of charge. We can't fault their response but the incident was a little unsettling.
The food was good but we were very grateful that we had taken the advice of another reviewer and booked in half board as the dinner buffet was very expensive.
July is not the best time of year on this side of the island and you can't really swim in the sea because of all the seaweed. The hotel solves this by offering a free shuttle to Anse Lasio on the other side of the island, where the swimming and snorkelling were idyllic. We also did a day trip, organised through Select Seychelles, to La Digue island which was a highlight and we'd strongly recommend it.
All in all, we'd rate the Black Parrot as very good, but it falls just short of Paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beauty, safety, peace, tranquility and quality, surrounded by nature, and named after the unique Coco de Mer Palm tree which, although extremely rare, occurs in abundance in the tropical forests, around the Hotel. This traditional yet modern, four star hotel lies in over 200 acres of natural beauty on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Spacious grounds, comfortable rooms, private location and a friendly atmosphere offering spectacular views of the surrounding islands, forested mountainsides and glorious sunsets. Located on the 2nd largest island in the Seychelles, Praslin, at Anse Bois De Rose, on the South west coast • Distance from airport – 8 km (15 minutes by taxi). • Flight time from the main island, Mahé, is 15 minutes • 55 Minutes by high speed ferry boat Adjacent to the Coco De Mer, our junior suite wing, “the Black Parrot Suites”, are perched on an imposing granite rock out-crop, that offers magnificent views of the Indian Ocean and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Hotel Anse Bois De Rose
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Suites Seychelles/Praslin Island