Classed as a boutique Hotel, we arrived with little expectations. However we were totally blown away by this place. With a rain forests like Malaysia and Mauritius, and waters like the Maldives, this place couldn't fail to impress. The staff were discrete, but there to fill your every whim.It only took 24 hrs for them to note that we liked coffee by the pool at 11:30 am and cocktails at 5:30 pm. It was the staff that really made this hotel one of the best we have ever stayed in. Fiona on the Black Parrot reception was an amazing lady. She has been with the company for 24 years and we discovered that most of the staff are of long standing employment. Their dedication showed in the work that they do. The attention to details was amazing and nothing was too much trouble. When we wanted to hire a car it was there within the hour. Don a chief in the resturaunt, got chatting to us one evening and we were telling him about the best bread and butter pudding we had ever tasted. 3 days later he replicated it just for us and had it sent to our table.The resort it's self is not 5 star , but it is clean very well maintained and the gardens manicured. The staff were working incredibly hard the whole day to keep things at there best. Our room was no3 in the Black parrot suites. It had the most unenviable views across the beach, fabulous sunsets, was not over looked, and although it was right next to the pool, there was never more than 1 other couple there with us, even though the resort was full.The cleaning staff kept the rooms immaculate and fully stocked. One thing we really loved was that you get to choose which items you have in your mini bar, we also had a fresh supply of milk in the fridge every day for your tea and coffee. The resturaunt had come in for some serious bad press for not having a varied enough menu. We would totally disagree with this. On a la cart evenings there was a soup , 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 dessert choices which was ample. On the themed nights , most of the food was cooked to order at the cooking stations, which meant there was a fresh supply all evening rather than it standing around under lamps. Also this meant that there was far less wastage. During the 11 nights we were there the themed nights were replicated once and even then the dishes were not the same as before. I have to say my husband is a really "foodie" as was extremely impressed. If we were being totally picky the scrambled eggs would be better cooked to order. The only other thing that was annoying was that there is a strict dress code for the evenings for men to wear long trousers. However this was not adopted by all, and it was noted that staff did not pick people up on this. If they are prepared to let this go then why have a dress code at all.. In summation I think you would be hard pushed to find a Boutique hotel the better this. Whilst we have travelled to many places this is one that we will return to as it was the staff that really made this hotel truly memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beauty, safety, peace, tranquility and quality, surrounded by nature, and named after the unique Coco de Mer Palm tree which, although extremely rare, occurs in abundance in the tropical forests, around the Hotel. This traditional yet modern, four star hotel lies in over 200 acres of natural beauty on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Spacious grounds, comfortable rooms, private location and a friendly atmosphere offering spectacular views of the surrounding islands, forested mountainsides and glorious sunsets. Located on the 2nd largest island in the Seychelles, Praslin, at Anse Bois De Rose, on the South west coast • Distance from airport – 8 km (15 minutes by taxi). • Flight time from the main island, Mahé, is 15 minutes • 55 Minutes by high speed ferry boat Adjacent to the Coco De Mer, our junior suite wing, “the Black Parrot Suites”, are perched on an imposing granite rock out-crop, that offers magnificent views of the Indian Ocean and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Agoda, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Hotel Anse Bois De Rose
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Suites Seychelles/Praslin Island