My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Black Parrot suites in July of 2009. In our opinion we thought we got the best room, 512. It was absolutely beautiful, spacious, the decor was lovely, bathroom was huge.... just loved everything about it! The room overlooks the ocean front site. We didn't use the beach as it was constantly filled with seaweed. However, the hotel offers a free bus shuttle to Anse Lazio beach, which is absolutely stunning!
The hotel staff are just delightful and wonderful. They are very helpful and so friendly! The restaurant food is decent as they have a set menu everyday. I personally didn't like the taste of the food, it was very filling but tasteless. The menu gets tiring after a while for it's basically the same food all the time. However, they do have a buffet style every now and then, perhaps twice a week. We preferred the buffet more. One specific thing they lacked in the food menu were POTATOES! I craved for them so much it made me wonder if potatoes are scarce in Seychelles!
The Black Parrot suites are secluded from the Coco de Mer hotel so it is a little quiet there, a great place for relaxing. We liked the peace and quiet. Overall, we had a remarkable experience at this hotel. I give the best credit to my husband for picking this hotel, an excellent choice for our honeymoon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beauty, safety, peace, tranquility and quality, surrounded by nature, and named after the unique Coco de Mer Palm tree which, although extremely rare, occurs in abundance in the tropical forests, around the Hotel. This traditional yet modern, four star hotel lies in over 200 acres of natural beauty on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Spacious grounds, comfortable rooms, private location and a friendly atmosphere offering spectacular views of the surrounding islands, forested mountainsides and glorious sunsets. Located on the 2nd largest island in the Seychelles, Praslin, at Anse Bois De Rose, on the South west coast • Distance from airport – 8 km (15 minutes by taxi). • Flight time from the main island, Mahé, is 15 minutes • 55 Minutes by high speed ferry boat Adjacent to the Coco De Mer, our junior suite wing, “the Black Parrot Suites”, are perched on an imposing granite rock out-crop, that offers magnificent views of the Indian Ocean and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Travelbag, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Hotel Anse Bois De Rose
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Suites Seychelles/Praslin Island