We arrived at 9am and were offered a complimentary breakfast as our room wasnt ready. The hotel manager, Richie, was charming. Room was ready by 10.15! Lovely room up at the Black Parrot part of the Coco de Mer hotel (room 502). Fantastic bath in the bedroom and seating aree and balcony too. Overlooking the beaches. A little close to the road but with only a vehicle passing every half hour of so it really wasnt a problem. The Black Parrot has a very exclusive feel about it and often we were the only people round the pool or at the bar - there were certainly never more than 3 or 4 couples about. Lovely cocktails.
On the minus side - it was a nuisance having to walk up and down the hill to eat at the Coco de Mer. Also a bit of a shell shock from the quiet up at the Black Parrot as there were a fair number of families with young children. We literally ate there and scurried back to the calm of the Black Parrott as quickly as possible. It's a shame that food isnt available at the Black Parrot - even bar snacks would be something.
The food was very good. We were on the half-board option which normally means uninspired buffets but this was not the case here. The buffets were themed each night and the Friday night Fishermans buffet was exceptional - a whole range of raw fish and shellfish which the chefs then cook to order for you. Lovely!
Lovely pool which got the sun all day (unlike the one down at the coc de mer). We had read the warnings about the seaweed so did not go down onto the beach although the beach itself looked lovely. We did get the free transfer bus over to Anse Lazio one day which was beautiful but were happy to stay by our pool the rest of the time.
We wanted to go over to La Digue for the day and had been unimpressed with our rep so the hotel sorted out everything for us - taxi, catamaran tickets etc. We had a lovely day there just doing our own thing rather than being herded about on a tour.
The hotel is nowhere near anywhere - there are no shops or restuarants in walking distance. The entertainment at the hotel is very low key. So if all you want to do is totally relax round the pool while having a variety of exotic cocktails brought to you, the Black Parrot is fantastic. We really loved it having had a very busy 10 days in South Africa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beauty, safety, peace, tranquility and quality, surrounded by nature, and named after the unique Coco de Mer Palm tree which, although extremely rare, occurs in abundance in the tropical forests, around the Hotel. This traditional yet modern, four star hotel lies in over 200 acres of natural beauty on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Spacious grounds, comfortable rooms, private location and a friendly atmosphere offering spectacular views of the surrounding islands, forested mountainsides and glorious sunsets. Located on the 2nd largest island in the Seychelles, Praslin, at Anse Bois De Rose, on the South west coast • Distance from airport – 8 km (15 minutes by taxi). • Flight time from the main island, Mahé, is 15 minutes • 55 Minutes by high speed ferry boat Adjacent to the Coco De Mer, our junior suite wing, “the Black Parrot Suites”, are perched on an imposing granite rock out-crop, that offers magnificent views of the Indian Ocean and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Hotel Anse Bois De Rose
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Suites Seychelles/Praslin Island