“Wedding Anniversary”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Anse Kerlan
Stratford-Upon-Avon England
“Wedding Anniversary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We have just returned after spending 10 days at the Lemuria to celebrate our 40th (Ruby) wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived in paradise everything was excellent ,from the room which was 30 yards from the beach ,The Champagne and large basket of fruit left in the room,the food in the restaurant,and the meal which was organised for the night of our anniversary.The golf course was really tough ,the last 6 holes are really good . The staff are all friendly and helpfull and nothing was to much bother.In all it was a lovely holiday. A few points to say that you may need to know. Book Half Board as food and drinks are expensive,but dont forget this an island which exports nearly everything .

Room Tip: All rooms are facing the beach ,Lower number Suites are nearer Reception and Restaurant
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hairdo49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Please let me tell you NOT to believe any bad reports you read about this hotel im sure its just people looking for some of their money back or people who were ripped off by their travel agent and paied too much for their holiday!!!! My husband and I came here for my 40th birthday and all I can say is I wished we had spent our whole holiday at the Lemuria and not stayed on Mahe at all. English please do not be put off by the shark attacks and come to the Seychelles and stay at the Lemuria it is completly safe to swim at this hotel. There is a net up (and divers are out checking the net at all times) I snorkled everyday and I saw a turtle, a ray (a safe one) and about 20 different fish so there is still stuff to see even though there are nets up. There are 3 beaches at this hotel and even though the hotel was full my husband and I still had one beach to ourselves for a whole afternoon. There are 3 levels to the swimming pool and we had one of those to ourselves for a morning. Even though it is a big hotel you can get to all the facilities very easily and even have you own bike for the duration of you holiday. The management team here are amazing and will cater to your every whim (and the rest of the staff are really good also), for my birthday they told the spa it was my birthday and I recieved a loverly gift from them (use the spa it is out of this world, and not as expensive as I thought it was going to be). My birthday evening we had dinner on the beach and got to pick our own four course menu it was PERFECT and they made me a birthday cake!!!! As for the hotel my husband and I have travelled all over the world some cheap hotels and some expensive ones but for the money this hotel is the best we have ever stayed in. Forget the Banyan tree and the Four Seasons and dont bother with any other hotel on Praslin, trust me I did months of research before I chose this hotel and im so glad I picked this one because my husband and I hired a car for the day and visited every other hotel on the island and the Lemuria is the best one. It has the white sandy beaches and the feel and friendlyness of the Caribbean but the beautifull buildings and lush greenary like in Thailand or Vietnam (the caribbean meats aisa perfect). Some hotels on the island have removed the granite rocks to make way for their hotels but the Lemuria has built their hotel around the rocks which makes this hotel look amazing aswell as being eco friendly. The food here is to die for. You just get so much choice there is always something to find (best to go on half board basis) and the drinks are not too expensive but dont forget you are in the seychelles (the best place in the world) and everywhere is a bit pricey not just the hotels. The golf course is fantastic especially the 18th hole (a veiw to die for) and its free!!!!! you DO NOT get this at other hotels anywhere in the world that I have been to. The hotel rooms are really nice and have FREE movies and music on demand as well as free internet (another rare thing) they are very clean and close to all the facilities and a stones throw from the beach, what more could you want. PLEASE, please, please do not listen to any of the bad reports and trust me and go there and you will be amazed this hotel feels like it was built in the garden of eden itself and surrounded by the most perfect beaches and sea. BOOK NOW!!!

Room Tip: get a room in the 50's to be closest to the gap to the beach
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tracie2810
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We have just returned from the Lemuria Hotel in Praslin and the Four Seasons in Mahe.
After reading reviews on Tripadviser we changed our plans and went to Lemuria first then to the Four Seasons.
There is definitely a wow factor with the Four Seasons villa and you feel blown away. It depends how long you stay in your room whether this is really important. It rained quite a bit so we did appreciate the villa with its magnificent view. The various patios were a good idea too.
Buggies came quickly to us on the 6th level.
The beach is lovely and swimming is good.
The restaurants are ok but nothing out of the ordinary. They need more ambiance for evening dining.
Tour company Creole with Georgette suggested a full day tour of the island at 191 Euros.
This was a total waste of money as the whole island tour takes around 4 hours even when we stopped for lunch.
At Lemuria the accommodation was fine with a patio facing the sea which is one of four in a block.
The restaurants are very good and although we usually skip buffet nights The Legend was fantastic.
The Seahorse was very good as was the Beach Club. Vishal Gaunjur the sommelier at the beach Club went out of his way to find us a particular bottle of wine.
The bar area is very modern although we did have a problem paying almost $45 .00 for a glass of wine and a scotch perhaps this is why it is not fully occupied.
The golf course looks fantastic and Gary gave us a complimentary lesson which my husband swears has changed his game for the better. There are also tennis courts which we did not use because it rained here also.
For us The Lemuria with Mr Charles was the better choice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jetpet
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

We have spent 3 weeks in Seychelles in august with our 2 little boys. We decided to end our trip with 1 week in Lemuria because it was supposed to be amazing. What a disappointment!
Clearly, you over-pay whilst you feel hotel's management is griddy and careless and your stay won't be at the level of your expectation nor at the level of a 5 stars. Do not worth it.

Rooms are ok but below lot of hotels we already did including Constance Euphelia : a bit old, smelling cigarettes, toilets broken, not inter-communicating room between us and our young children, far from all activities.

Activities are average : very little, instructor not coming, gym club with old machine (some broken), swimming pools dirty (we came back all with infectious ear infection!!!).

Service is average, not at the level of this hotel. We waited for a couple of hours to check in, we complained but never got any feedback or apologize. Management of this hotel is clearly careless and must believe the prestige of the hotel is so undisputable if they don't pay attention to their clients, there will be no harm... The 1st day, we were so disappointed we said we were thinking about leaving Lemuria for Constance Euphelia and would make the arrangements for it (several guests were doing so...). Not once someone had tried to calm us and encourage us to stay at Lemuria, on the contrary, the only answer we got was a call from the reception to advice as they would need to clean again our room. Very classy for a luxury hotel. At the end, we staid as we had already spent 1 week in Euphelia earlier.

Food is great, from breakfast to diner. Several choice of restaurant for the evening. Great and large choice, suiting both adults and kids.

Location is great (beautiful anse Georgette you go can with a shuttle) but be careful : you can really swim only in 1 beach, the smallest (although with the shark accident, swiming in all beaches was banned). you can hear planes from morning to evening (starting at 6.30 / 7.00am) as hotel is at 5 minutes from the airport... an information that is never mentioned when you book for your stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Chloe52
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

When we arrived we found a printed note in our room advising us that the beaches are closed by the local authorities due to the recent shark attacks. To our surprise we could see people swimming at Anse Kerlan. On the same morning we watched a fishing net being anchored at the entrance and one side of the bay, indicating that the bay will be closed by the net to prevent any sharks entering the area. No further information was given in regards to the net and or the "safe" swimming conditions. We and many other guests "assumed" that the net was brought out for any ones protection and that it would be save to swim.
A couple of days later we listened to a conversation between (obvious) one of your managers and one of the staff at the beach, indicating that there was a problem with te net. I approached the male (obvious) manager and enquired about the safety issues. To my surprise I was told that the beach was still closed and that swimming was not save as the net was not reaching across the bay entrance being 6 meter too short. This information was only revealed several days after most guests assumed that based on the day long operation of bringing up the net on the first day it was now save to swim. The (obvious) manager explained me that we as guests should not assume -- I replied that he as a manager of the hotel should have made things clear in the first place and not let risk guests their lives! We refrained from swimming until two days later another pair of (obvious) manager appeared on teh beach after there was again activities centring around the brought out net. Asking about the net and it s functionality revealed that it was "now save to swim as the net was extended to closed the bay completely" -- this is a quote from the (obvious) female manager.
To our surprise we were asked two days later by a security guard (who was sitting during the previous days the whole day under a nice shady tree) to get out of the water because it was not save to swim. When I asked why he said" Because the president says so" -- Quote !!! and when I replied that were told two days earlier that it was save to swim he wobbled away to sit again under his tree.

At no time did the management inform any on about the actual situation; no further information was provided, no "communication" was send to any guests (we asked around!). The management obviously (because none of them introduced themselves to us at any state) did not want to scare guests while having every person who was swimming in the bay risking their lives. I am extremely disappointed with the management and the way this (and some other minor situations) were handled. I would accept this attitude if I would stay at any other basic accommodation but the way the management reacted can result only in one definite action: Replacement of the complete management at Lemuria as they are willingly and knowingly have risked their guests live and wellbeing

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bapu54
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

A friend and I booked here for a special holiday and asked for a twin share. We were really looking forward to a wonderful stay. Unfortunately they seemed to get everything wrong: no twin room eventuated despite 3 requests, we had someone else's welcome letter in our room;our luggage didn't arrive in our room until 2 and half hours after we got there;we got someone else's bill at the end of our stay and we had a very ordinary and not inexpensive meal at the golf club restaurant (i.e. overcooked duck and fish).
On the plus side - the amenities and rooms were great and the staff were unfailingly cheerful and friendly. It was a shame their organization and efficiency didn't match.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Linzi E
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

First I would like to say a few words about the resort itself. I come here for the second time with my family. The resort itself is very beautiful. Everything here is really great: very nice territory, clean rooms, delicious food, friendly and very helpful staff, especially I would like to mention Vishal Bhageerutty (he is Assistant Food&Beverage Manager). It seems that he is always everywhere! He is present in all restaurants at the same time – like he is not alone, but with several twin brothers! He always asks if everything is fine, if everything suits us, how was our day, if he can be useful, if the waiter is not around he always serves himself. In short – he is just super!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Le Duc de Praslin
Le Duc de Praslin
#4 of 12 in Anse Volbert
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suite...
#1 of 1 in Anse Bois de Rose
La Digue Island Lodge
La Digue Island Lodge
#3 of 7 in La Digue Island

Been to Constance Lemuria? Share your experiences!