We stayed at the Lemuria Resort Praslin from the 18-20th of September.
Approach and Location: If you are taking the De Havilland Otter from Mahe to Praslin, you get an aerial view of the golf course of the Lemuria Resort –Praslin. The Lemuria is at the tip of the island and in the flight path of the flight from Mahe. Incidentally the flight from Mahe to Praslin takes all of 15 minutes.
The resort is just about 10 minutes by car from the Praslin airport. Since it is on the tip of the island, the resort is on a natural mini peninsula with two magnificent beaches – Petite Anse Kerlan and Grande Anse Kerlan bordering it. At the other end of the resort, there is yet another fabulous beach, perhaps the best beach in Praslin- Anse Georgette. So, if a beach holiday is what you are looking for, this resort just takes the cake and most of the bakery too!
Reception: The resort has two receptions: The Lower reception is where the car stops and you have to perforce get off. We did not check in here. From here, we boarded golf carts and were taken up a very short but steep climb to the upper Reception. This is where we checked in.
The reception is large and looks out on to the Pool bar and infinity pool. We were greeted by a couple of peacocks, cold towels and a welcome drink. That was a wonderfully unique reception. On the right side of the reception is the all day dining restaurant – Legends and on the left of the reception is the bar area.
Rooms: I was in room 68. This is a short golf cart ride away. The rooms are very nice and good for two persons. The rooms have tea-coffee making facilities. The bathroom is quite large too. The beds are very comfortable and the sleep quality is good.
Should you have a couple of kids then either you could take two rooms or go for the Suites which are a bedroom and living room attached + 2 washrooms.
There is internet in the rooms but honestly, it’s erratic behavior could leave you confounded.
Every room has a balcony that looks out to the ocean and Grand Anse Kerlan. All in all, the room and resort setting is beautiful.
Staff: I met with Hilton who is the resident manager at the Lemuria. Hilton is South African and a great chap and could regale you with some interesting stories about how he ended up in the Seychelles and in the hospitality industry. I also met with Sweety who is in charge of the Guest Relations. Sweety is Mauritian and a thorough professional.
The Legends is where we had dinner the first night. The food quality is very good. It was a buffet. If the Lamb Tijan is on the menu, just head straight for it. It is excellent to say the least. It is prepared by Adil who is a Moroccan chef and obviously loves what he does.
The Legends is also where we had breakfast. Evelyn will prepare the most exotic egg type for you- in whatever fashion you require. Sylvania is the Desert Chef who also whips up some amazing desserts.
I also had lunch at the Beach Bar and Grill. The location and view will blow you away. The food is also good. The Caramalised Banana Parfait is the BEST dessert ever. You have to have this here. Chef Alex Voisin prepares it for you – but wont share the recipe!
Spa: The massage rooms are nice with an extremely aroma emanating at all times. The Spa is a short walk from the Lower reception. But you can always summon the Golf carts to take you anywhere, including the spa, directly from your room or wherever you may be at the Lemuria. Just so you know, the Spa is very close to the Tennis courts.
This resort is just perfect for honeymooners or couples wanting a truly romantic getaway. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend others to too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite beaches, clear topaz water, lush vegetation and big boulders; choose from one of the 88 Junior Suites, 8 Senior Suites, 8 Villas or the exclusive Presidential Villa at Constance Lemuria. Enjoy elegant spacious suites and villas or unwind in swimming pools seemingly crafted by nature. Indulge in fine food and customised spa treatments at Constance Lemuria. Fully trained coordinators at the Constance Kids Club will lead your children to wonderful island exploration trips, culinary activities, scavenger hunts and more. For real adventure and wonderful memories, try the only 18-hole golf course in the Seychelles or explore the world famous diving sites! To create a cocoon of luxury amidst vibrant nature, materials such as wood, stone, pink granite, marble and thatch palm has been beautifully used to create a modern yet warm feel at Constance Lemuria. Seychellois’ flavours can be savoured in all the restaurants and bars of the hotel; the warmth can be felt in all the suites and villas. All Suites and Villas which are endowed with exclusive view are luxuriously designed to offer complete comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Constance Lemuria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lemuria Resort Of Praslin, Seychelles Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Of Praslin
- Constance Lemuria Seychelles/Praslin Island