“Perfect Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Anse Kerlan
Lisbon, Portugal
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I went there on holidays with my family, the hotel is wonderful, and the staff adorable. The food at the restaurants is excellent, with a large choice and only fresh food. The beaches are clean, white sand and clear water.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cecileduval
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor. It is especially pleasing to hear such lovely words about the caring of service that you received from the staff here. We are so pleased that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay and I am happy that the team gave you a memorable stay

Bruno Le Gac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hadano, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We spent the frist week of our honeymoon in Constance Lemuria, everything was perfect! The resort is like a big family, we felt so much enjoyed and honnored to be there. The food was excellent in every restaurant, the 15th hole of the golf course is a magic, anse georgette is better than lazio. Mason's and Creole have onsite office, which was very easy for us to book some one day trips. Lemuria is just perfert in every details and we will surely come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shijia X
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your very positive reviews about Constance Lemuria Seychelles and would like to sincerely thank you for your kind feedback.

Thank you also for your kind compliments and acknowledging our efforts to ensure your holidays with us continue to exceed your expectations.

Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Constance Lemuria Seychelles in the very near future.

Kind regards

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Absolutely perfect. Very warm welcome and all the staff were very polite and courteous. The rooms and sunbathing areas are all very spread out so it never felt busy. The food was exceptional, so much choice and very well presented. Our room was clean and spacious. There was champagne and gifts on arrival and the beds were turned down each night. We were given a personalised lobster honeymoon dinner on the last night at the beach restaurant which was lovely. The golf course was challenging and very enjoyable as the views were fantastic. We used the complimentary bicycles to have a ride round the island one day and also went on a boat trip to see the giant tortoises. There is a beautiful beach in the next bay that you can walk to or they will take you to in the golf buggys. Cannot fault this place at all...if only they could get rid of the mosquitos!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor. It is especially pleasing to hear such nice words about the caring of service that you received from the staff here. We are so pleased that you enjoyed such wonderful moments and I am happy that the team gave you a memorable stay

Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We returned to Constance Lemuria this February.
Once again, we were made very welcome when we arrived. Our rooms were lovely and we were so pleased to be back.

As always, nothing disappoints. The food is excellent, the golf course is well kept and as challenging as you could hope for, and everything about the hotel is immaculate.

What makes this our favourite hotel is the attitude of the staff. From the managers to the gardeners, the restaurant staff, the bar staff, the cleaners, the golf course staff, the attitude is always the same, it is courteous, efficient and friendly. Everyone says hello as you walk through the hotel grounds, and if you pause to talk, the first question is always "Are you enjoying your holiday?" Then when you say how wonderful their hotel is, they smile and laugh with pleasure. When you are so far from home, to be surrounded by such friendliness means a lot to us.

The staff tell me that Constance is a considerate and generous employer, and I believe that it is this investment that the guests benefit from.

The hotel was full throughout our stay, as it deserves to be.

The only bad moment for us is the trip back to the airport, it is quiet in the car, no one speaks, for we are so sad to leave.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It is especially pleasing to hear such nice words about the caring of service that you received from the staff here. We are so pleased that you enjoyed such your stay with us.
I hope you will return to enjoy another visit to our beautiful resort soon and it we will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Royston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Mere words can't describe this paradise in the Indian Ocean. This was our third visit to a Constance hotel. They have all been excellent but the Lesmuria is that little bit special. From the spectacular moment you arrive at reception to that fond farewell every little detail is near perfection.

The accommodation is high quality and only a few yards from a deserted beach which offers a fantastic sunset only enhanced by a glass of champagne as a special start to the evening.

There are three pools that cascade down from the pool bar and with so many places to sit and relax either by the beach or by the pools never too busy. Attentive staff are always on hand if you fancy a cooling drink is snack or a visit to the beach bar offers a wide variety of tasty treats.

We were half board so our day started with a breakfast that had everything one could hope for, not only food but also the fantastic views from the Legend treetop restaurant. Three restaurants offered evening meals. The Legend a quality buffet that had different themes and two a la carte restaurants that also had not only excellent food but special menu nights. All the chefs took a pride in the quality of food they prepared.

Whatever the mood there is always something to do. Water sports, boat trips to other islands. Walks or a hotel bus to the spectacular Georgette Beach. Hiring a car for 65 euros a day lets you explore the island on the two main roads and visit miles of secluded beaches and quaint bars.

If sport and exercise is your way of relaxing there's a world class 18 hole golf course which has 12 challenging holes with water followed by 6 amazing holes in the mountain. I've never played golf that offered such views. Two tennis courts, small gym and relaxing spa.

Every member of staff we met were friendly and so helpful, no matter if they were front of house or simply brushing the falling leaves. This was true 6* service and by the end of our stay we felt we were part of a Lemuria family and not just passing guests.

Nothing can be perfect, so here's the drawback it's a long flight via Dubai or Abu Dhabi and once on the main island Mahe the choice is a 15 minute flight in a 20 seat plane or a transfer to fast ferry which takes a great deal longer. Take the plane it's like a sight seeing flight. As expected the cost of drinks and snacks are not cheap but considering the fabulous location and surroundings worth every penny.

Is it worth the long flights and cost? You bet and we will be returning as soon as we can. After all everything and everyone made our holiday so very special.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary P
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience and I am pleased that we made your stay memorable. I hope you will return to enjoy another visit to our beautiful resort soon and it will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Kinds regards,

Edingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Constance Lemuria does not disappoint. It is set in the most beautiful location and the service is fantastic. We have previously stayed at Constance Belle Mare Plage on a number of occasions and in many ways this resort is similar, room design, building construction etc. but smaller and in a much better setting.
We are not great fans of self service dining but with two other lovely restaurants available this was not a problem. We had the most amazing 35th anniversary dinner at the Beach Bar and Grill. The chef there is outstanding and the waiters, Sohail in particular, always smiling and helpful. The lemon grass sauce with grilled fish was one of the most delicious things I have eaten anywhere!
The hotel grounds are lovely and immaculately kept, rooms thoroughly cleaned twice each day. Just a short walk through the golf course takes you to Anse Georgette, the most beautiful beach we have ever been on. In our opinion nicer than Anse Lazio which is much bigger and busier. We walked over the hill to Anse Lazio. Quite an experience! Beware, it is VERY steep and takes about an hour and be sure to get proper instructions as we made a couple of wrong turns. We opted for a taxi back which cost 40 euros as it is a long trip by road.
For 60 euros we hired a car for the day. Well worth it to see the island and visit the forest. Some of the roads are very steep but the coastline is beautiful.
The golf course was in good condition and has a lot of interesting holes, one with a helipad on the fairway! It was fairly quiet most of the time, particularly in the afternoons. Be sure to take plenty of golf balls, you will need them.
Sunsets are really special. We liked to take a drink down to the beach just outside the villas to watch the sun go down. Amazing.
All in all, a most memorable holiday in a wonderful hotel, in what must be one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Room Tip: Upstairs suites give you a bit more privacy on the balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us; from our beautiful beaches, services provided, to the dining experiences… and it is true that our golf course is really amazing with its stunning sun set and views.

East coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed one night at Constance Lemuria on our tour of the Seychelles. I wish it could have been longer.

The wow factor started at check in, when they took us up from the lower level entrance check in to the main check in. They waited until our group had all gotten out of the golf carts (used for transportation around the resort) and then dramatically opened the double doors, allowing us to see the view from the lobby over the pool and to the ocean.

A welcome drink and a tour of the property followed. This resort has a lot going for it. There are 3 beaches. This is important because the winds at different times of the year make the beach rough and seaweedy. Since 2 of the beaches are on either side of a point of land, one is OK when the other is rough. The winds lasting from Nov. to March make the smaller beach by the pool, the rougher beach. The third beach is Anse Georgette, and it is beautiful, but not protected too much by headlands, so it was rough when we were there.

The facilities are great, and I liked the beach bar and restaurant, which overlooked the 2 beaches. Having the chance for a private dinner there was a plus. The sign at the main pool says that it closes at 6 PM, but the manager said it was open all night. I hope they get this discrepancy cleared up.

The rooms are all behind a line of trees, so they are hidden when looking at them from the beach. Of course this also means that there are no good sea views for most of them. (The presidential suite [at the end] seemed to be an exception).

Our room was large, and did not have a fluffy blanket on the bed, which was certainly OK with me as I dislike the alternate sweating and coldness that goes with trying to use a fluffy blanket. The TV remote was of a strange type, and it took me quite a while in the darkened room to find the on/off switch on it. The blinds were electric and didn't work for us. (We closed and opened them by hand). But an employee came the next morning and she got them to work just fine.

There was a clock in the room, and one receptacle which accepted US style plugs. The in room safe is quite large, and I was surprised that it did not show you the combination you had punched in when you closed it.

During the rainy season (January for sure), it apparently rains for an hour or two every night, but during the dry season they get no rain at all for long stretches. And please be aware that around Chinese New Year, a lot of guests arrive from China, so the hotel gets full. The hotel gets many important guests, apparently, as the head of the European Football League and his group were there while we were there (and eating in the buffet restaurant, just like the rest of us).

Our one dinner meal was in the very good buffet restaurant, and we were treated to dinner by the resident manager, Hilton, who not only regaled us with stories about his experiences (both in South Africa and in the Seychelles), but he also ordered some incredible wines for us to sample. Thank you, Hilton.

At breakfast, I noticed some things that might have been done better. For example, they cleared half the table for me (as I was dining alone) and they took away the salt and pepper when they did that. The salt is dished out with a spoon, by the way. There was a small wait for coffee. But when I asked to take a couple of chocolate croissants back to the room, they carefully wrapped them up for me.

I think the star attraction of this hotel is the golf course, and we were lucky to get a tour of its most famous holes - the 15th and 18th. Besides being beautiful, it looked like a real challenge to the golfers. Other reviewers have said to bring extra balls, as you will need them, and balls at the resort are expensive.

When checking out, our bill was small, as others had been treating us. It was around 350 SCR. When I was about to sign the credit card slip, I noticed that they had put it down as 350 EUR. They were most apologetic about that, but I felt lucky that I had caught it.

I would certainly say this is my favorite hotel in the Seychelles if price is no object, and would love to go back there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hedo-goer
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear valued Guest,

What a wonderful review. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us; from our beautiful beaches, services provided by all our staff members, to the dining experience in Hilton's company… and it is true that our golf course is really outside of this world with its stunning sun set and views.
Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Constance Lémuria in the very near future for another Wow! stay.

Kind regards,

Le Duc de Praslin
Le Duc de Praslin
#4 of 12 in Anse Volbert
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suite...
#1 of 1 in Anse Bois de Rose
La Digue Island Lodge
La Digue Island Lodge
#3 of 7 in La Digue Island

Been to Constance Lemuria? Share your experiences!