We have been now about 8 times on the Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La Digue). Since we found the Islander Guesthouse on Praslin, we prefer to stay here as our base camp and make excursions from this place to other islands. This year we have been here the 4th time – and we will go there again.
It is very individual if somebody likes a place or not therefore I list the reasons why
we like this place:
• The location is tiny, calm, authentic and well-tended with direct access to Anse Kerlan
beach (we have no road to cross or a long walk from our Apartment to enjoy the Indian
• The beach is never crowded, sometimes we are the only ones
• Because there is no reef in front of Anse Kerlan, the water-level is high and we can
always swim (there are a lot of beaches on Praslin which look very nice e.g. Grand
Anse or Anse Volbert but the water-level in front of their reef is not really high enough to
• It is a good snorkeling spot, especially near the rocks offshore the coast
• It is on the West-Coast, so we have wonderful sunsets
• We have a fridge in our Self-Catering Apartment to cool our drinks
• A Supermarket is very near by (5 Min walk) where we get anything we need for daily life
• A very nice and good Restaurant belongs to the Islander, where we get delicious creole
dishes and individual wishes fulfilled
• The Bus Stop at the Supermarket belongs to the main bus line, we get almost
everywhere by bus. We never had to rent a car.
• We can walk to the most beautiful beaches on the Island to have some exercise in the
nature. To Anse Lazio crossing the Island on a food path (about 50 minutes) to Anse
Georgette taking a trail through the Jungle (about 1,5 h).
• The hosts are very friendly and organize for you what ever you need (e.g. reservations,
excursions etc.) but they are never pushy.
• The price-performance ratio is good. We don’t pay for things we don’t need e.g.
For us this place is wonderfull because it is not touristic and we like very much to stay here enjoying the nature and having all comfort we need.
If our reasons are also values for you, you will enjoy this place.
If you are looking for entertainment and more luxury this is the wrong place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Guest House is a small family-run hotel. We are located on a property of more than 4,000sq metres of flat land at Anse Kerlan Beach, in the north-west coast of Praslin, one of the world's most beautiful tropical islands. The Islander Hotel offers comfortable relaxation in a holiday home of your choice, in self-contained Creole style bungalows, ranging from Standard to Family Villa. All accommodations stand proudly amongst well-tended lush gardens, filled with a riot of flowering shrubs. The Islander Hotel has its own private parking. A tortoise-pen is found close to the parking area and guests can feed them from the nearby grasses or leaves. The reception offers assistance for all your holiday requirements, such as excursions, fishing trip, diving, car rental, taxis, and more. The beach is a few steps away, providing the ultimate enjoyment of sun, sea and sand practically on your doorstep, and capping most every day with glorious sunsets. There you can find a newly built gazebo in the Balinese style, with beach beds, chairs and tables, shower, and other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islanders Guest House Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Islander Hotel Seychelles/Praslin Island