It's just a piece of paradise in the middle of the mountains.
The hotel, staff, food, panorama, nature, location are just incredible. It was such an amazing surprise that we were sorry we couldn't spend more days in the Estate.
It was a little rainy but nothing to worry. We saw the tea plantation and the walked around a little. A "must-see" place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the foothills of the Knuckles Mountain Range, between the Cultural Triangle and Kandy, our 98 acre tea estate, offers guests a perfect location for exploring Sri Lanka's famous sites.Alternatively Ashburnham Estate, offers you the perfect spot to unwind. Relax on the veranda and enjoy the stunning views and magical sunsets. Or cool off in our swimming pool, 60 foot waterfall or Cascade Pool.With such lush natural surroundings there is ample opportunity to walk through our working tea estate, and help the ladies picking, or onto the hills to enjoy spectacular views.Our original 1930’s Principal Planter’s bungalow, offers 4 double rooms, a family room and our luxurious Ashburnham Suite; all beautifully decorated to offer unique character.So, what are you waiting for, come and enjoy the beauty of Ashburnham Estate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Ashburnham Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashburnham Estate Hotel Elkaduwa
- Ashburnham Estate Sri Lanka/Elkaduwa