We were warmly welcome by staff on our arrival to Hotel and check-in was bit slower but not bad at all. While booking through online reservation, I have requested for a Deluxe room facing to garden but we were offered with a upper 1st floor room.
Since we have my small kid, I was desperate to have direct access to garden. After explaining my situation to reception lady, she was kind enough to arrange room at ground floor that has direct access to their garden. I must thank again for her quick response !!!!
First day there was heavy raining that prevent us go around the hotel but we enjoy the Dinner Buffet at their "Lake view restaurant".
We booked BB basis and therefore on check-in, I have specifically mention that we are willing to take Dinner from the Hotel, but information was not delivered to restaurant staff that makes bit confusion. After the dinner we were asked to sign for the bill payment for the dinner on the spot and that makes me bit worried. However thanks to restaurant lady tried her best to handle the situation gracefully. My sincere thanks goes for her !!!
Next day I was going around the hotel garden and notice this was a paradise for a serious bird watcher and managed to take some nice bird photographs added to my collection.
Thin forest patches close to Golf ground was one of the best places for birding and I was lucky enough to spot "SRI LANKA DULL-BLUE FLYCATCHER" and "SRI LANKA YELLOW-FRONTED BARBET" both are endemic birds in Sri Lanka. However beware of leaches in this area trying to hang and suck your blood.
We were offered a fresh fruit basket on first day evening and that was great. My son loved to eat those fruits and therefore we are almost happy with that :)
Overall room was good that has enough space and most importantly we have direct access to garden where we spent most of our time during our stay. However Television was bit older and I had some trouble and hard time, while trying plug-in cable to electrical base. It was short circuiting that prevent electricity to TV. After trying couple of times finally managed to make it happen !!
We enjoyed a lot during our short stay at this Hotel and hopefully wiling to comeback again when ever time permits. I must thank staff those who try their best to make us happy. Finally if Hotel management and staff able to prevent those small small hiccups, I am sure guests will be more pleased and may able to rate this as real 3 star class hotel !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A score of spectacular waterfalls tumble down over rocks and precipices throughout the cool high country of Sri Lanka. Among them is Hunas Falls, which derives its name from Hunasgiriya Peak, the forest covered mountain which overlooks this tranquil landscape. Located close to the former royal capital of Kandy, Hunas Falls provides an astonishing setting for Hunas Falls by Amaya. Sprawling gardens with walkways, flowers and the lake with a bridge to cross it, a waterfall and a mini golf course all constitute a most beautiful background to the calm serenity of your room. Considered one of the most scenic spots in the country, Hunas Falls by Amaya is an alluring Sri Lankan honeymoon hotel. It is committed to energy saving practices, recycling, giving back to the community and reducing wastage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hunas Falls by Amaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Hunas Falls Elkaduwa
- Hunas Falls Hotel
- Jetwing Hunas Falls Hotel Elkaduwa
- Hunas Falls By Amaya Sri Lanka/Elkaduwa