All reviews neil and bridget wild duck inn thames path lovely hosts local pub b and b quiet village the ground floor french doors choice of cereals interesting conversation base to explore breakfast was delicious english breakfast pleasant room train station a lovely place to stay
Reviewed 29 October 2016

My wife and I stayed at Well Cottage our 1st night on our Thames National Path walk from the source to Goring. Our hosts were friendly and helpful in directing to the Wild Duck Inn for a wonderful dinner. Our room was nice with nice furnishings with en suite bath with a small shower and the smallest sink ever, but adequate.

Our hosts sat with us at breakfast and we enjoyed the full English breakfast and learning about the area.

We would stay there again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2016

This has been my favourite bed and breakfast. The room was beautiful and immaculate, the house and grounds very special and the most important thing of all was that I felt like a valued guest and not just a number. Oh yes, I must not forget the marvellous breakfast! My stay was quiet and peaceful and perfect for visiting the Cotswolds. I am planning to return.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

So homely and beautifully kept. We have visited twice, once when I was pregnant with my daughter and secondly when she was born. The rooms are uber comfy and the bottom room can accommodate a wheelchair, we took my grandma on the second stay. Neil and Bridget make you feel so welcome, almost like part of the family.

Thank you so much.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Well Cottage.
This gorgeous B&B is situated in the heart of the quaint, picturesque village of Ewen.
Our room was comfortable with a beautiful view of the garden/backyard. Quality Bed linen and towels were included and the breakfasts were generous with every effort made to cater for food intolerances.
Bridget & Neil were gracious hosts and provided all that we needed (beautiful liquid hand soap is provided but if you want a cake of soap in the shower, we suggest you bring your own).
There's a fabulous hotel (The Wild Duck Inn) just down the road where we had a really good dinner and many popular tourist destinations (like the wonderful village of Cirencester) are just a short drive away.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Very quiet, friendly, spotlessly clean and very comfortable -- everything a b&b should be. With a spacious garden room and ginormous shower room. Friendly, welcoming owners. Breakfast cooked to order. Great!

Room tip: Go for the room on the ground floor overlooking the garden
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple