“World class rubbish!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“World class rubbish!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was driving along with my partner (who is a regards herself as a connoisseur of ice cream) and we saw the brown sign for world class Ripleys ice cream and thought wow! We must try this. Firstly we were disappointed at the lack of imagination in the flavours, and how basic it was. We each then had a cone of the Maltesers flavour ice cream. It tasted nothing like Maltesers, the ice cream was really really poor, stodgy, and sat in our stomachs like a brick. My partner could not eat hers , which I have never ever seen in my life......and she always finishes ice cream.....
Who ever thinks this is good ice cream must lead a sheltered life. Definitely not recommended!

Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst ice cream I have tasted. I love ice cream and tasted ice cream all over the world. I can honestly say the malteser ice c”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This ice cream claims to have won awards. I am interested what award they actually won and when. This did not even taste like it had any cream in it, and was definitely the worst I have tasted.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“MALTESER ICE CREAM - IT HAD NEVER SEEN A MALTESER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We used to stop for an ice cream in Ripley quite often and it was lovely, but something has gone drastically wrong. Malteser ice creams purchased today were really not good and the taste was more like long life milk than good fresh full cream milk. No maltesers, or malty taste or even malty bits. Really dreadful and also quite pricey.

One recent review said 'One not to miss'. I would say, definitely keep on driving past.

1 Thank Valerie N
UK
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Very nice ice-cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Well you just have to try it don't you? It is world famous! I have tasted better but it was good and I loved the way they dip it into hot chocolate which sets on the ice-cream.

Visited March 2014
Rotherham, United Kingdom
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“One to try!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

As confessed ice cream lovers, always willing to try new places and flavours, we stopped off to give this place a try. It is the Whippy type, which is never our favourite, but was pleasant enough and enjoyable in it's own way. Only flavours I was offered were vanilla or coffee or a mix of both, so could be a huge disappointment for anyone expecting variety. Certainly, it is hardly up to the "world famous" hype, but if visiting the village, worth a try. Expensive in comparison with other places we have visited.

Visited March 2014