The write up & the pics on the web didn't do justice to the place. A let down to us.
Sometimes in June this year, my wife & I went to this resort to have a break & explore the island and its reputation, former penal colony, so the web stated. Jerejak Island is an island between Penang and the mainland.
Once we get off the boat on the island jetty, we were to lug our luggage to the resort which is half a kilometer away. Though some of the luggage were transported by a small car by the staff. This is not normal for a resort. Unless we are going to a remote lodging on an adventure. The facility is good . The room is spacious, the services is, though the staff tried, wanting.
Next day I tried to trek to the prison building, one of the many trails and oh my! Its like walking in wild bush & not a resort trail.The weeds & long grass overgrown the trails so please bring a long knives to cut your path. There are historical sites that are covered by thick undergrowth.
So staying on a penal colony island without beach to speak of trails to wander about, is a big let down except for honeymooners, I guess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful tropical island set amidst virgin jungle, Pulau Jerejak is every nature lover's dream come true! Coupled with her rich historical background, a holiday here promises to be refreshingly different.Relics and artifacts share a home with the rich flora and fauna of this island.Get ready for an adventure as you step into one of the few remaining rainforests of Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Jerejak Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jerejak Rainforest Hotel Bayan Lepas
- Jerejak Hotel Penang
- Jerejak Rainforest Resort Penang/Bayan Lepas