“Terrible hotel”

Hotel Happy Elegant
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Mahmutlar
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I just want to renew my review for this terrible hotel , this is my second time hotel , first time I have been there with a friend of mine , it was some what good for a single , but this time as I had been told that many improvements had been occurred there in the hotel , so I decided to go there with family this time , so I reserve a family room 15 days before I went there , on arriving to hotel it was the same or even more terrible than last time , we were there at 5pm I saw many people's there at reception angers from many different types of services, I wanted my room as I was tired with my wife and 3 kids I just wanted my family room ,they said we are sorry we don't have for now you can go and have your dinner(very bad quality) and very hot restaurant as to be in sauna room , so as iam there there was a guy telling the reception is this hotel is 5 star? He said yes the guy replied no it is -minus5star and the receptionist was laughing as the have very bad English skills , I also made a fight there straggling to have my room , till they decide to give me standerd room (2 beds ) instead of five beds , I wanted to see the manager there was no one there , finally I got two rooms each in one floor with 10 times checking the electrical card for door which was not working all the time and each time taking about 20 minutes in the hot small slow and few elevator for such big hotel , and just 2 surving guys who know nothing , the corridors were too hot dark , even the rooms were having very slow cooling. ACand very bad working WIFIjust worked in the reception , and the animation team were just depending on two guys only for all the work and were nothing this year , the hotel is far from any airport , bathrooms were dirty , not changing the twoles every three days , iam sorry I made along story but if you want to have good vacation don't go there even if it is cheap ....

Room Tip: Just front rooms on the sea side and swimming pool
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

8. No one speaks neither Russian Nor English on the reception

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank narukyan
Reviewed 3 July 2014

should be renamed UNHAPPY this hotel is one joke some staff so rude dont understand english well say no understand but they do and for the security guy at front of entrance DO NOT APPROACH as he was very very offensive using language you would be charged with back in britain he is always on the prowl looking for females on there own without there partners comes across helpful but really just getting info about you ,SCAREY doesnt take no for an answer hassled me and my friend throughout our holiday and acts like thats norm .Would never go bk ther if it was free with £100,000 spending the only thing good here was the weather NOT THE RUSSIANS TURKS OR GERMANS OVER RUN WITH THEM.

Room Tip: Just dont go here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jeanette W
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

After a 4 hour transfer from the airport, our driver finally found the Happy Elegant at 6am. The hotel itself was promising on arrival, the manager was there and took us to our room himself. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Do not upgrade to a sea view through your agent. The hotel doesn't do upgrades. We could see the sea if we leaned over the balcony and looked right.

The room was basic and the floor was filthy. Our towels weren't changed all week either. Beds were firm but comfortable enough and the air con worked well.

However, a constant misery was the hundreds of rude Russians staying here as well. I think I counted around a dozen English all week including us, and the majority were keen to get on the transfer bus to go home. Also, trying to get any sense out of the reception staff was near on impossible, as they spoke fluent Russian but practically no English which meant arranging our transfer back, and a late check out very hard to arrange.

The food and drink was basic but edible, and the waiting staff had a hard time keeping up with the amount of mess that the Russians were making after they had taken all the food back to their table (breakfast, lunch, and evening) only to leave 2 thirds of it uneaten. I'm sure other areas of Turkey would be grateful for what they threw away.

Also, they don't understand what a queue is as they just push infront and then stare down their nose at you.

We'd rate this hotel as a 3 star at best, but unless you speak Russian, you should look for another hotel.

However, the staff and food at Mojito about 300 yards down the road, would make your trip worth while as it was all excellent and very well priced.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Mathew E
Reviewed 26 May 2014

On our arrival at 2 am to complete shock, there was a full blown fight between turkish and russians in the lobby reception area, we could not beleive our eyes, people taking their belts off and hitting eachother with the buckle ends, then we were shown a room with dirty floors and a leeking ceiling as it had been raining for the past day before we arrived, we were given another room to our satisfaction in the end but had we not persisted this would have not taken place. To my discused my husband hurt his lower back twisting on a sunbed at the poolside he was in distress as nobody understood that we needed a wheelchair to help him, the animation team had to physicaly carry my husband up to his room as there was no wheelchairs in the hotel eventually when they did give us one they had to hire one from outside the hotel and we had to pay for this service, i was so upset about the whole drama and would never recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you are russain or turkish

Room Tip: dont pick this hotel, hardley any english speaking staff, food not upto / 4 5 star hotel is a joke a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank susieanna1
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Hotel looks really nice when you arrive and well worth the money we spent (£230 per person for 1 week all-inclusive). We bought this as a last minute thing and the price included all transfers and luggage etc. Our room was on the 3rd floor, clean, well presented and cleaned as often as you let them during your stay. Don't fall for additional charge for sea view, they consider hanging over the balcony and looking to the left a sea view, but to be honest, the road at the front can be noisy, so we were happy with ours.

The pool is clean and they have fun slides for the kids. They don't always have the water running on the slides, but if there is a few people in the pool they turn this on.

When the Hotel is really busy (weekends) you have to queue at meal times, we found it easier to go for the last half hour to save getting frustrated with the other guests! But you are best collecting your desert at the same time if you do this or nothing will be left.

Snacks are cooked and served all day at the beach bar, its the same each day, but better than standing around in the dinner hall.

They have 4 bars: the Lobby, Restaurant, Pool and Beach. The beach is open 10:00 - 17:00 but the others are only open one at a time, with one beer tap and most of our holiday plastic beakers! They serve Vodka, Gin, Whisky, Raki and beer. (not sure about the wine, it was available but no clue what type). No cocktails, liqueurs or anything fancy.

There is a "animation team", but they do not have entertainment each night, just a few locals who get people up to do aerobics in the day and one night they did karaoke (in Turkish and Russian). One night they had a Turkish Theme with some local dancers then a small market by the pool.

You can spend Euros, Dollars or Turkish Lira, but we found you get a better price when haggling with TL. It will cost you about 40 - 50 TL to get a taxi into Alanya (£10 - £15) or you can go by bus for 2.50TL per couple each way.

The staff are friendly, don't speak much English but you can always get what you need. However what you can't control is the other guests. Russian and Polish people were so rude, they have no manners, they don't queue, they take as much food as possible to the table then leave it. We all found this very frustrating! But this was the feelings of everyone we met even from other Hotels in the area.

During our stay both the Turkish staff and guests were fun and there was a good atmosphere, the only down side was the busy weekends with Russians and Polish who are very different to us.

Ultimately this was a good week and would recommend for the money we paid and suggest this is a good 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: There is A/C included in each room, but from what we were told by other guests you need to be on a l...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shadderszxr
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very good, very clean hotel, good range of food drink, service very friendly, many English speaking staff. Waiting staff very attentive, bar staff friendly efficient, nothing too much trouble, we had a transfer at 2130hrs and they gave us a late checkout with no charge, the beach is good, it is rocky but great fun for kids to go rock pooling at low tide.
I was concerned when read some other reviews but think maybe people dwell on negatives rather than positives.
Good turkish barber directly opposite hotel, English speaking, Liverpool supporter!
Had wonderful holiday, please don't let poor comments put you off. Room service everyday, remember to flick switch similar to lights switch next to door if you want room making up, asked for extra blankets had within 20 minutes. Beach loungers and parasols are in good used condition, remember they are outdoor equipment!
The hotel and staff are very good, very clean, very spacious.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel a little quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family