“Lovely view, good place for surfers”
Review of LBS Surf House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bukit
LBS Surf House
Ranked #2 of 2 Bukit B&B and Inns
Slovenska Bistrica, Slovenia
“Lovely view, good place for surfers”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights because I loved it so much. Good place for surfers. The location is good but I didn't like the stairs. The room was basic, not sure if it was clean. No hot water but I loved the view from the patio. It is just perfect - the voice of the waves and during the day you could see really good surfers on the waves. Staff was friendly, but I could barely see anyone here. It was pretty expensive for the room they offered. If you don't like the gekons, then you should not stay here because the room is pretty open. The problem was no wifi and no breakfast but they had a small "restaurant" where you can eat breakfast or lunch/dinner.
Definitely coming back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Burleigh Heads, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

my boyfriend had stayed here before and it came highly recommended - so i was very excited to check in and see it for myself.

We shared a fan room for Rp 175,000. It was clean and very comfy.

They have free wifi, and a really awesome restaurant! the food is SOOOO good, soooo cheap, and they have a really large menu - the staff at LBS are really nice people.

The property is beautiful - lots of trees and flowers and grass.

The pool is really awesome too.

You can rent scooters and surfboards from LBS , they also have a "learn to surf" school.

its super close to Padang Padang beach, theres a mini mart across the street, lots of good restaurants in walking distance as well

Im now a BIG fan of LBS, i will definitely be back! :)

Room Tip: the rooms by the pool are nice, and the ones in the garden
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My girlfriend and I shared an air conditioned room for 250,000 Rp a night. Cushy bed, private bathroom, and patio. Staff was friendly, efficient, and responsive. Got a good scooter with a rack for 50,000 Rp a day right off the bat. There is pool to cool off or rinse off in at night, which is pretty clutch. Not cheep, but not expensive either.

Directly across the street is a mini mart. A 100m down the road towards Padang is an ATM and another mini mart. The mini marts have tables set out for everyone to hang out at night, enjoying cold Bintang and snacks.

Nearby are also some nice, cheap, tasty restaurants. Pretty sure everyone in the area is and uncle or a cousin, so its got a homey feel.

There are bungalows directly on the beach or nicer places in this hills, but LBS is really well located for food, beer, and surf.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kyle N
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed in LBS for a week during the rip curl cup summer of 2013. The location of the hotel was great, five minute walk from the beach. On arrival we quotes a price that a staff member told us the night previous to stay in a fan room but the aggressive and rude manager shouted at us a much more expensive price and was very rude. We liked the look of the hotel so we settled for his price. Overall there was no customer care, our room was not cleaned once, we had to ask for new towels and toilet paper if you were lucky enough that someone outside who was 'working' was awake. We tried to rent bikes three days in a row and every time the staff just shouted 'FINISHED' at us, no offer of help or elsewhere we could rent, very rude. Another downfall was that the walls were paper thin so you could hear your neighbour breathing, going to the toilet and pretty much everything else. Our door was almost impossible to lock and the latch was broken so in order to keep it closed you had to have it locked at all times, very annoying and impractical. Every morning we were awoken at five am by what sounded like roosters being tortured, it never stopped. The sound of those roosters will be engrained in my memory forever. On a positive the note, the pool was nice and the WI fi signal was strong!

• Stayed August 2013
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We stayed at LBS surf house for a week for roughly 15 dollars a night. It was really basic, barely any light in the room, sometimes no running water and never cleaned once during the stay. For the price we were paying and the amount of time we spent there, we didn't let that bother us and just enjoyed the town for all the good aspects. However as we went to check out, we were greeted by a crazy owner whom we had not met before during the week long stay. We has been rented surf boards there by another man for 50,000rp a day (roughly 5 dollars) and when it came to pay this owner told us that this was incorrect and began to get irate before we had even had a chance to talk it through. He was clearly on drugs as he was grinding his teeth and shouting and slamming things around. He grabbed his phone and slapped it into my boyfriends face and told him to speak to the guy who rented us the boards and then began to pray to his statue that we would have bad karma. We wanted to get out of there ASAP so we just said we'd pay as the difference was 10 dollars or something (not worth a fight). When we tried to tip one of the ladies that works there and whom we had dealt with a lot he took the money and threw it at us. No need for all that madness, and it was a horrible way to end a mediocre stay. I don't recommend this place, as the other posts said there are plenty of lovely families to rent from in this town, give them your money instead. It's man has a vendetta against tourists and is clearly quick to get violent.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank elained353
Sydney
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Ok we haven't stayed at LBS but we have eaten there heaps. The food is good and well priced when compared with trattoria and mango tree next door. Everything is always fresh and we just love their juices. The sushi and sashimi are a standout on the menu and the pancakes are great for breaky or to finish off a meal.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I wouldnt recommend anybody to stay at this place. the place itself is okay, pretty basic, but ok....but the people there are terrible. they are extremely unfriendly, never say hello or goodbye or thank you. I realy really regret that I stayed there and didnt support another indonesian family (I have met so many beautiful and amazing people in bali along my trip). the have a restaurant also, the food is nothing special and some things are overpriced, like the sushi and also the grilles fish which is tiny. I saw a couple of times, that when a guest asked for some chillisauce or whatever that they told them to get it himself, can you believe that? they are so rude and never nice. I was staying there and had a coffee for about 20 cents, I had my money in my room and asked if i can pay later as im a guest anyway. answer "no you have to pay now get your money now" in a really rude voice. also they rent out bikes for far too much money. and I saw a couple of times, that they yelled and actually threatened people, when for example they rented the bike for a week, but tthe bike was crap and they wanted to give it back a couple of days later. there was one girl by herself and 4 men yelled at her and grabbed her bag.
also there are cockroaches in the rooms and they never ever clean the room even if you stay there for a month.

I would highly highly suggest not to go there, they really just want you money and behave like that also

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank yogasurfheaven

Been to LBS Surf House? Share your experiences!