“Average at best”

Finer Diner
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled between highway 333 and St Margaret’s Bay, The Finer Diner is a popular stop all year long. This quaint eatery is a welcoming licensed restaurant featuring classic diner fare, Nova Scotian favorites, and playful daily specials. You will find interesting Fine Art painting and sculpture in an old fashioned setting with incredible views of the historic fishing inlet called Boutilier’s Cove. Guests can enjoy a sunset meal on our covered patio, or a slice of our homemade pie in a cozy booth. The diner is a renovated general store and has been the heartbeat of Hackett’s Cove for over 100 years. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Food was average, typical diner quality, but with higher prices. 1 Soup, 2 salads, 1 piece Fish'n Chips, cake, pie & a tea was about $70 before tip.

Caesar salad was the low point with no flavour to the dressing, and the high point was that the fries were hot.

As a Chef for almost 30 years I feel I am speaking from experience.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our last day this trip, grandchildren took us to the Finer Diner. The meal was fine, the menu quite varied, and the actual surrounding quite lovely in the Autumn colours. The Chowder was more potato than fish, but vegetarian Grandson really enjoyed his meal.Pleasant atmosphere, with intresting artwork on show.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stopped at Finer Diner for a mid-afternoon lunch. Very nice location. The seafood chowder was excellent, up with the best. The fries and lobster club were also very good. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the lobster roll. It was small for the price($17), and had way to much mayonnaise. I've probably been spoiled by Red's Eats in Wiscasset, Maine. Still all in all not a bad place to eat.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We ate here several times as the staff was exceptional, the food was great, good variety on the menu and a quieter place to eat in the evening. We ordered take out and everything was as good as it gets.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Our waitress was very good at giving us suggestions on what to order. She answered all of our questions about the different selections. The food arrived in a timely manner. I felt like I was being treated to local food and that is what I want to experience when I visit a new place.