“Modest Logis De France with a nice restaurant”

Hotel Hostellerie de la Mer
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Crozon
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The room was big and clean but tired. We would stay again.

We ate in the hotel restaurant (there are limited other choices) but the food was excellent however there was a later price to pay which we attributed, without evidence, to either the oysters or the fish. Very disappointing for a first class restaurant but as always, ymmv.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ocemalo, Gérant at Hotel Hostellerie de la Mer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having taken the time to leave your comment on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hostellerie de la Mer. I don’t really understand your comment about the restaurant cause oysters and several fishes are in the first menu (“menu du terroir” at 27€) and there is 4 choices for starter, plate, and dessert on this menu.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hostellerie de la Mer.
We look forward to your next visit and remain,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 November 2012

On a business trip I spent one night here. My colleague and I knew we would be arriving late so we called ahead and were able to make sure the restaurant would be open and a table reserved for us. Upon our arrival check-in was quick and the room was clean. The room overlooked the water which was nice especially when the sun started coming up. The hotel was fairly full but I heard nothing from my neighbors. Plenty of hot water in the morning and check out was quick and easy with the bill being correct. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere and the staff was very polite. They have a good wine selection and the set menus are priced well. The only complaint was that I had a fish bone in my soup. The chicken with mushrooms was excellent. The breakfast was reasonably priced and contained everything one would expect from a French hotel breakfast. Though they only rate a 2 star hotel, if one takes into account location (middle of nowhere, small community) then I would consider this a 4 star with the excellent service. If in the area again I would stay at the Hotel Hostellerie de la Mer again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the water.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We actually only went there for the restaurant. The welcome was nice (try to get a table by the window, although in winter time at night the view is less important...). The decoration of the dining room is nice. The service is very well-mannered. It is however rather slow, so don't go there if you are in a hurry! The food and wine selection is nice (several wines by the glass...), although it may be considered a bit pricey. However, it is nice old-style service and a perfect setting for a romantic evening.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed for one night before returning to Brest to finish our holiday. Wish we'd stayed longer. Le Fret is wonderful - peaceful, good swimming round the side of the quay, and a nice selection of bars. The hotel staff were friendly, the room was excellent - comfortable and clean. The highlight however was the food in the restaurant - simply wonderful! I'm forever being surpised by the gastronomic quality of Logis hotels - and the service/rooms are right up there with it as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was expecting the worse given some of the reviews but turns out my time at the Presqu'Ile Crozon was one of the highlights of a month in La Bretagne. This small hotel certainly helped. I booked a superior double with sea view. The room was very comfortable and modern with wifi that worked well. I enjoyed numerous baths in the roomy bathroom. The view out the window to the bay was gorgeous.

I had no problems with the staff. A young gentleman checked me in who seemed to want to practise his English (which was excellent) even though I'm fluent in French. The other staff whether at reception or in the restaurant were always polite and friendly. The restaurant is of gourmet standard.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kahkityoong
Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

Room was good. The reception people where rude. The restaurant matradie was rude. The food was expensive and sub standard.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank 1954Aust
Reviewed 23 November 2011

basic logis - room with view over quay - quiet as the grave in mid November and the view when the blinds went up in the morning was phenomenal. Proprietor couldn't be called jovial or chatty and effusive but he really tried to speak English - despite our trying to speak French - and went out of his way to be helpful. One of those shy people who really like praise! Great food - crab in a cabbage leaf parcel with roasted almond and pumpkin puree - really lightly cooked, fresh ingredients. you can catch a boat over to Brest from the quayside. We'd stay again. I'm rating it very good because that's what the overall experience was as long as you're expecting provincial French logis ....

Room Tip: pay for a room on the front overlooking the quay - it hardly breaks the bank
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aramanta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crozon
Hotel de la Baie
Hotel de la Presqu'ile
Hotel de France
Hotel de France
#5 of 5 in Camaret-sur-Mer

Been to Hotel Hostellerie de la Mer? Share your experiences!