We just came back from 2 weeks there. I'll go to the point:
1. Brittany has SO MUCH to offer although the weather IS unpredictable.
2. Nothing much to do outside the camp unless you jump into the car for 30 minutes and go to Royan, which again is nice but not Marbella if you know what I mean.
3. Mobile very good but no dishwasher like in most camps these days.
4. Camp supermarket ok although a bit dear as predictable.
5. Camp shop for accesories closed during lunches (hello???...)
6. Staff quite rude and not very helpful.
7. Camp too big - too many people in pool areas. Fab pools I must say but I prefer smaller campsites.
8. And the last one.... EVERYBODY WAS EATEN ALIVE by mosquitoes and horseflies. Up to 30 bites per person we got despite anti mosquito wrist bands, candles, plugs, sprays, you bloody name it.
We will not come back. MUCH better camps in other places I know in Brittany and Spain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The campsite Sequoia Parc is a 5 stars family campsite of 45 ha of nature and greenery in the heart of the Charente-Maritime region. In the village of Saint-Just-Luzac, it is also at only 7km from Marennes Plages and near to famous cities like La Rochelle, Saintes, Rochefort or Royan, which you will visit with pleasure. You will appreciate the climate of the region, particularly because the Charente-Maritime is the most sunny part of France, after Côte d'Azur. This year, the campsite will turn its 20 years ! You could try several activities in family in the campsite. You could, for example, appreciate our swimming pool area of 2 000 m², with 4 pools of which 3 heated, slides, river and jacuzzi. You could also do sports thanks to our tennis courts, our petanque field and multisports field (soccer, basketball, volleyball). Children will appreciate our mini-farm but also our children club which welcome for free, and during all the season kids from 4 to 12 years old. Do you want to take a stroll in family? Take the Velodyssee by bike. You will go along the Atlantic coast. Bikes can be hired at the Information Point of the campsite. You can also take a stroll by horse or poney thanks to our equestrian center. In July and August, our organizers keep surprises! Animations, competition, concerts, shows... You will have fun at campsite Séquoia Parc! If you are hungry, our restaurant, Le Carrousel, welcomes you every evening, to make you discover our regional flavor. You could also taste our snack, which proposes take-away, particularly pizzas baked in a wood-fired oven. Finally, our mini-market is at your disposal and proposes you several products for your daily purchases. All our pitches and accommodations are delimited by trees and hedges to guarantee you maximum of privacy. Our accommodations can accommodate from 4 to 7 persons. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Castel Camping Sequoia Parc Hotel Marennes