To make it very clear from the beginning: This was the most enjoyable hotel stay during our recent six weeks in Europe.
However, this hotel should not be considered by people who:
- can't walk up stairs or slopes
- have physical disabilities
- don't want to walk, ride or drive up a 700 m section of steep, narrow and winding road
- can't live without tv for a couple of days
- can't live without the services and facilities larger hotels usually offer, like gyms, pools, lifts, bellboys, etc.
Hotel30 is a small boutique hotel with currently only 4 rooms, run by a very friendly and enthusiastic couple from the Netherlands. We stayed for six nights in room 1.
Arrival and Location:
The hotel is located only 3km from the A10 motorway. Our satnav had no problems getting us there. As mentioned above, the last 700 m are a steep climb on a narrow and windy side street, taking you to the end of a quiet cul de sac, roughly 100 m above the lake. But be assured that the views are more than rewarding. The hotel and the rooms overlook the West part of Lake Ossiach, the nearby city Villach, and Landskron Castle (photo). It's 1 km to the Annenheim lido and 500 m to the Kanzelbahn (cable car station).
Extremely welcoming and informal.
Large room, with wooden floorboards and a somewhat unconventional open plan design:
The bathtub and the washing basin are integrated in the room. The shower cabin is in a small recess, and there is a small separate toilet booth. The room is very tastefully appointed and decorated. There is a small robe, but more storage space in the corridor. Also in the corridor is a fridge. There is no safe deposit box, but I can assure everybody that in this place none is required. As mentioned above, there is no tv. Free wifi is available throughout the hotel, and for those who don't bring their own devices, every room comes with an iPad. The bed has a very comfortable mattress, but is somewhat small (French double bed size). The hotel's website offers very accurate 360° views of all the rooms. Room 1 has a small balcony with breathtaking views.
Breakfast was included in the room rate (and so are optional lunch packs). During our stay with hot and sunny weather it was served outdoors on the big sun terrace. The quality of the breakfast is superb, with freshly pressed orange juice, perfect coffee and many gourmet items. The owners offer an optional 3 course dinner for €19 pp which we did not try.
The hotel has sauna and solarium the use of which are included in the rate. We did not use those.
Account has to be settled in cash.
Extremely recommendable for physically fit couples of all ages who are looking for a quiet and somewhat different experience.
To make this perfect place even more perfect, I would suggest larger beds and ceiling fans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Annenheim, Austria lies 100 meters above the Ossiachersee Hotel30. Hotel30 is a small, luxurious, modern and romantic hotel with breathtaking views where you feel at home immediatly.The unique location within walking distance of the Gerlitzen Kanzelbahn and the Ossiachersee makes Hotel30 for you the perfect Winter- and Summer holidaydestination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hotel30 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.