just came back from a 7 night stay in this very nice hotel and the feeling is mixted.
On the plus side:
- Service is quite good and friendly; most employee speak several languages and in particular French which is not something we were looking for but most visitors would appreciate
- the SPA is unique and service is excellent - the indoor pool is large and very beautiful, direct access to the public outdoor swiming pool that is very nice, sauna and hammam are great with dual area with or without clothes and fitness is very well equiped.
- the location is great as it is easily accessible and cloth the many nice areas (achensee, karwendel, zillertal area...) and you can do a lot of hiking directly from the hotel
- the food is excellent
- room are nicely furnished and quite large
overall, the hotel is very well attended and maintained and service is very good
on the minus side:
- LOTS of groups so that you feel sometime a little bit invaded and have limited opportunties to meet with people travelling individually
- the kids club is not professional. People are nice but the program is not clear and they are not very dynamic so that it's not something the kids are looking after and this is more a place to drop children for a short while than a real kinder club that would keep the children busy and excited. Limited outdoor actiivities, not clear program, most of the time our daughters did colouring and playing uno... Also the location is outside the hotel which does not help and make it impossible for childrens to go on their own during the day.
- although the food is very good, buffet at lunch is not very large and the choice of appetizer is limited. Quite difficult to eat healthy at lunch. Kaffee / Kuchen in the afternoon is although not that great with limited choice of cakes...
- our bedroom was nice but it was no the first floor so that people from the parking had a direct view in our bedroom...
overall, this is a very nice hotel with a wonderful spa but clearly not a kinderhotel as you can find so many in Tyrol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Schwarzbrunn is located in Stans, overlooking the Inn valley, 3 km from Schwaz. Schwarzbrunn offers rooms and suites in Tyrolean country-house style, a bar with a lobby, an open fireplace and a library. In the restaurant area and in the Tyrolean parlours you can look forward to various delicacies. The à la carte restaurant "Das Marschall" provides a regional ambience. The Schwarzbrunn spring feeds the water for the 3,000-m² spa: "Rock pool" indoor pool (180 m²), "Mountain lake" outdoor pool (80 m²) and whirlpool. In the summer months, the outdoor pool is also available. Steam baths, relaxation areas, infrared cabins, a vitamin bar as well as beauty and body treatments ensure moments of well-being. For active people, the Schwarzbrunn offers coached indoor & outdoor activities: supervised training in the fitness club (850 m²), aqua-balance, guided hikes and bike tours. Winter highlights: A family ski slope and a toboggan run are located directly next to the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Schwarzbrunn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpen - Wellnesshotel Schwarzbrunn Hotel Stans