“Such a beautiful setting!”
Review of The Wroxeter Hotel

The Wroxeter Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wroxeter
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Such a beautiful setting!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Wroxeter Hotel in Shropshire is quite close to Shrewbury, a beautiful city. It is also next to a 2000 year old Roman site.
The hotel is surrounded by lovely countryside with Alpacas in the field next door. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are helpful and obliging.
The breakfast was very good and in the evening you can choose between a Roman menu and a good English one. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Birmingham
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We've just come back from yet another fantastic stay at the Wroxeter Hotel. It doesn't matter when you go, it is always great and to the same standard. The staff are absolutely wonderful and they seem to be the same ones on each visit so they must enjoy working there too.

And as far as the food, breakfast is beautifully cooked, the main menu has lots to choose from and changes then there are the speciality menus. So far we've tried the afternoon tea (3 times now!!!! lol). The Roman banquet - an experience to say the least. Great fun to try..........especially the dormouse! We have vouchers to try the traditional menu which includes trout and fidget pie. So watch out for the review of that.

As for the rooms they are spacious and cleanly decorated, with wonderful bathrooms. That said I can only comment on those on the ground floor as I am in a wheelchair but I've been told by my relatives the upstairs rooms are just as lovely.

We stayed there last Christmas and had a fantastic time, so booked there again this year. And the cherry on the cake besides the beautiful grounds is that they accept pets for a small fee a night.

I can not say enough about them........we do return regularly and will continue to do so as there is nothing that they won't try and do for you. Oh and I forgot (the chef) Sally's Shortbread! Try it it's just the best.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Not_easy_2_please
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was treated to afternoon tea by my mom and we had a lovely afternoon!!
We sat outside in the sunshine and enjoyed the amazing view of the Wrekin whilst enjoying the most delicious homemade scones.
The staff were all so friendly and welcoming, I can’t WAIT to come back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bewdley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed for two nights at a special offer rate. The location of the Hotel was lovely, the staff friendly and attentive and our room, large and well appointed. The overall decor of the hotel was a bit dated, but comfortable. Breakfast was freshly cooked and the service attentive. Dinner again was freshly cooked but the choice was limited and small things detracted from our overall satisfaction, despite the service friendly and attentive service.

We felt that for the price we paid we got very good value for money, and would come again, but if I had paid the full price of £35 for my dinner, I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I booked for afternoon tea on a special offer £16
We was greeted by very friendly staff.
We then choice one choice each on sandwich. It came and there was 3 small finger sandwich each. The bread was dry and I think that they must have already been made up with how quick they came out. I had the salmon and cream cheese. You could play spot the salmon.
Scones was dry and just crumbled. Not fresh. I would say it was a shop brought cake again not fresh and a biscuit.
We would have complained but the waitress that brought our cakes was seen driving off the car park. We never saw any one else.!!!
I know it was only £8 each but you at least expect fresh food.
Very poor
Will won't be back

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Zoe H

Travellers are raving about these Wroxeter hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I attended a wedding here a few weeks ago. Upon booking I was told that we would be able to get into the room at 12. The plan was to arrive and get ready in the room. Upon arriving at the hotel we was told that we was not going to be aloud into the room until 3. The wedding ceremony was at 3:30 !!!. As more guests gathered in reception. ..including the bride and grooms parents. I explained to the rude receptionist what I was told when I booked. Her reply was that I should have paid to get into the room early !! This was not an option I was given..bearing in mind I was told I could get into my room at 12. We eventually gained access to our room at 2:50. I feel sorry for anybody who gets married any earlier. The rooms are vacated at 11am how on earth it takes them that long to clean those rooms...ill never no. Surely they employ more than one cleaner. The rooms were average....but the view of the kitchen roof was 'amazing' !! Iv stayed in better B&B's in blackpool !! The hotel stank of chip fat...the smell greets you so warmly !! The meal was like a school dinner. I no a frozen roaster when I taste one. The walls are so thin you can hear everything. Overall the views are beautiful. ..That's about it. I didn't have breakfast as the smell of fat and my dinning experience from the previous night had put me of. Such a shame as it is in a lovely location but such a shame the staff haven't a clue

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 170188
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Lovely setting , but the hotel needs a little TLC, we had room 5 and it was so noisy we were woken up by the people upstairs moving about during the night and also of people going up and down the stairs it is an old hotel but the creaky floors do not make for a relaxing time. The staff were friendly and helpful, however the service was slow. The food was average, my breakfast looked as if it had been thrown at the plate, although it lasted o.k.

Room Tip: I can only say try not to have room 5, I did not go into any other room so cannot comment on them.