Ibis Styles London Walthamstow
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Good 3.5/5
1,452 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastvalue for moneycroissantsthe busolympic parktube stationreception areaair conditioningoxford streetwalthamstow centraltea and coffeethe breakfast areahotel is situatedenjoyed my staypublic transportvictoria linejames bond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Absolute worst hotel I have EVER stayed in! My mother and I took a last minute trip to London, and were going on a budget. We looked at photographs at this hotel, read some of the reviews, and it seemed like a great place. Yes, the staff is quite friendly, but absolutely nothing will top the bed bugs. My mother checked for them before we went to sleep, and did not see anything. In the middle of the night, she woke up, feeling like she had been bit by something. She woke me up, and low and behold, there were at least seven bed bugs. We did get our money back for a night of our stay, but I had to receive treatment, when I got back home, for the 27 bed bug bites I received. I would never stay there again. Next time, I will fork out some pounds and stay in a much better place.

Room Tip: Just don't even do it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank alaina1424
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Walthamstow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations,The problem you experienced was not in line with our normal standards and we refunded one night as a compansation

Once again apologies for the inconviniance caused.

Regards
William

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a room which was dirty,noisey and the tv didn't work properly. I've read alot of reviews on this hotel and alot all say the same thing,with the same reply from the manager. But as far as I saw nothing has been done to improve the rooms. Very poor and I do feel sorry for any tourists who stop here!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank hudsta
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Walthamstow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be
dealt with accordingly.

Kind regards,
JUNAID

Reviewed 21 October 2013

first off I will say this hotel was not nearly as bad as some of these reviews make out. Trust me I have stayed in some terrible hotels in London this one was pretty good in comparison. First off check in was by a really nice friendly lady on reception who checked us quickly without any hassle only thing was they did not ask for my le club memebership no and I forgot to give it to her. However in fairness I was feeling unwell so she was checking us in quickly.

The hotel and reception area, bar, breakfasting area looks a bit like someone got some cheap luminous paints in various colours and started painting. Very bright and not to everyones standards but I thought it gave the place character. After a long wait for the lift we made our way to the room which was in the main building and this was the first surprise of our stay and a pleasant one we had booked a twin room but had in fact been given a triple which was great. The room was a lot bigger than I expected and at least double the size of any other hotel Ive stayed at in the centre of London. The beds and bathroom were clean although the bathroom was in need of a refurbishment. We had breakfast and internet included in the rate. The breakfast was pretty good cereal 3/4 different kinds of cereal, bread for toast, chocolate croissants, croissants, fruit, fruit juice, yoghurts, and so on. They even had soya milk. The internet was good although sometimes slow but still useable and not an issue and was great value for the price we paid.

The hotel is outside the main centre of London but we were aware of this and it was not a major issue for us. The hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the nearest tube station but again we were aware of this. There are several buses you can get that all stop close to the hotel that go to the tube station and they are very regular. To get to the major sites such as the tower of London, westminster etc you need to give yourself at least 35 minutes travel time.

My only gripe and this was the only real problem we had was that we stayed in this hotel for 5 nights on the final evening after we finished packing we were doing the final check to make sure we had everything and the child looked down the side of the bed and saw something and pulled out someone elses dirty smelly sock which is completely unacceptable as far as Im concerned and not the standard you expect from an ibis hotel. This was room 306

However overall we had a good stay and staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay again if the price was right and depending on our reasons for being in London. The hotel had a few shops, restaurants and pubs close by although never ate in any of them so cannot recommend them.

Room Tip: ask for one in the main building also ask for one at the back
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sparkieplug24
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Walthamstow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Styles London Leyton, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Regards
William

Reviewed 20 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Walthamstow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Reviewed 14 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Walthamstow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013