Lime Tree Bay Resort
Amara Cay Resort(Islamorada)
US$283
US$247
Sands of Islamorada Hotel(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$302
US$269
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
US$376
US$356
  • Pool
Kon-Tiki Resort(Islamorada)
The Moorings Village(Islamorada)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,487 results
All reviewsbagelskey westcontinental breakfastfree kayakshot tubpalm treesking bedfull kitchensea grassminute drivelounge chairsgulf sidebeach areabeautiful groundsnice poolmiddle keysconvenience store
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Starting off we travel frequently and have never had a review of staff like you will read here. We stayed in a decent double room. Nice tile floors, bath was nice and appeared renovated recently. Bed was comfortable as well.

When traveling and going to hospitality type businesses one would expect hospitality. Our experience at this was anything but hospitable. Waking up and going by the front office for coffee, I walked in the open office door (at 7:30 am) and was greeted rudely by the front desk clerk. Her comment to me was "excuse me" in a loud abrupt voice and she told me to leave the office as it doesn't open until 8:00 am. I told her I was a guest and wasn't aware of the office hours. I left surprised at her tone and treatment of a guest at this hotel. We also had friends staying here as well. We were at the pool together when another couple came by the hotel to see us while riding their bicycles. They were stopped by the office staff on the way in and told to leave the property as they were trespassing. When we went to the office it was like they brought the whole staff in to face off with us. They had an excuse for every point brought up and wouldn't take any of the fault in the staff's rude treatment of the guests. All of the other negative reviews about staff, ice machine, use of the dock, parking etc. were all confirmed on our visit.

With all said above, employees behave the way management and owners train them. This property treats all guests as they are children that need a swift explanation of the "house rules" and apply them in a rude way. If they only knew (or cared) how they treat you on arrival can make or break a trip sometimes for people who travel hours to get to their resort, maybe they would treat guests better.

This resort will not get the opportunity to do this to me or anyone I travel to the keys with again. Too bad because the resort is actually pretty nice, but attitude is everything in this business, which they have lost mine and hopefully yours too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Steve T
Khill13, General Manager at Lime Tree Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

We were surprised to read your review after our conversation. We explained that you simply startled our desk clerk (which she confirmed). Also, she did not believe she was rude but did let you know that breakfast was not until 8:00am. As we explained this information is on your welcome sheet which you told us you did not bother to read.
In regards to the people on the bike, our assistant manager spoke to them, when they came on property. We do not allow visitors (again you were aware of this prior to your check in). She explained that we are a small property. She was not rude either.

You happened to be in the office at a time when we (the staff) were discussing items for the resort, so no we were not all there to talk to you. However, again, since we were there we thought it appropriate to listen and answer your concerns.
In regards to our reviews, we have many more positive than negative. Most guests realize the negative ones are the people who choose not to want to have any policies to follow.

We have a friendly lovely resort and stay booked year round because of our staff and property.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I've stayed there twice in the last 3 months. We stayed in the Zane Grey condos across the street managed by Lime Tree. The condos are great, I couldn't have been happier with them or the boat dock just outside. They are a great value. I'm disappointed I won't be staying there again.

The first trip the lady in charge, Candace, was rude and stand offish, almost enough that we would spend more money to stay somewhere else but not quite. What is the point of making me walk back to my car to get my room key so I can prove I'm a guest before you let me BUY one bag of ice. Why would I be there buying ice if I weren't a guest? What's wrong with taking my word for it?

The second trip I messed up, parked my boat in the parking lot the last night we were there. We were leaving first thing in the morning anyway, the parking lot was half empty. Apparently they aren't permitted for trailer parking of any kind. I got woke up by a phone call around 6:50 threatening to tow my truck and boat if I didn't move it. Before I could go to the head and put a shirt on, I got another call. This time to tell me that no one could park in the lot because of me and re-iterate that she was going to call a tow truck. She as much as called me a liar when I told her I was already walking that way. I got over to the parking lot to find a whole row of empty parking spots and numerous half filled rows.

I realize that I was wrong, there is even a sign I didn't see that says no trailer parking. The problem is that it was an innocent mistake. Instead of treating it like a mistake, she talked to me like I was a criminal, acted like I was a liar, and completely fabricated a crisis. She could have saved time, a customer, and accomplished her goal by talking to me like a human being.

There are places in the Keys who appreciate their customers and don't act like a prison warden dealing with unruly inmates. I'll stay in those places in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank JVSmith78
Khill13, General Manager at Lime Tree Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Your review of the circumstances is not accurate. I never have asked anyone to prove they are a guest when purchasing ice. I believe you needed to look at your key to determine your room number for towels but I certainly would not ask you to do so for ice, so this must have been a misunderstanding.
In regards to the boat and trailer. Our night manager made the morning desk clerk aware the you had parked your large truck and boat/trailer in the parking lot. You certainly were aware of the no trailer parking upon arrival which is why your trailer was at Fiesta Key for your stay. It is also on the welcome sheet and has been the policy for all the times you stayed before. The desk does not open until 8:00 and she called at 8:30 and then again at 8:50. You took up 8 parking spots which we need for cars for guests of the hotel. Your truck was to be parked at the townhome where you had undercover parking for your vehicle. That is why it was important for it to be moved.
We make a point to be kind and considerate to our guests and expect the same from them. I do recall allowing you to dock your boat even though it was larger than we usually allow back there since we did not have the maximum. I don't think that is rude or standoffish.
I am sorry you were disappointed in your stay but we do have to think of all of our guests in regards to parking and boat dockage.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

First let me say this. The person who photographed the resort was a genius. It was located next to a defunct restaurant and the restaurants grease traps created a terrible odor. Constantly smelled like low tide. Choosing the Florida Keys was my mistake, I did not realize that there aren't any natural beaches in the Keys according to the hotel staff. The hotel itself was OK. I was frank with the management that in my option it was not worth the money. We live on Long Island and are surrounded by beaches so perhaps I am jaded. The management did not charge us a penalty for checking out early which was nice. If I lived in a land locked state I'm sure this place would appeal to me but staying at the hotels that we normally do this was not our cup of tea. Again the staff was great, hotel decent, Florida keys....well you can keep it. A dollar store every mile and a sandal shop every five miles. Please do more homework than we did and don't get fooled by the pictures.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rick L

The Florida Keys are islands connected by a road. There are man made beaches which are sandy but as we state on our website we have a sunning beach. When a reservation is made we always explain what this means and recommend water shoes for entry into the Gulf of Mexico. Once in it is wonderful and a great place to snorkel.
The pictures are true as far as our resort, I don't know what you saw looking at the Keys in general. We understood your needs which is why we did not charge you for the balance of your stay. I hope you found a beach more to your liking and enjoyed the rest of your vacation in Florida.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in the Zane Grey 3 bedroom and it was nice no complaints. The cleaning staff was nice and helpful as well and we too saw the manatees out back which was wonderful. What ruined it for us was the front office staff who were very unpleasant and when my wife and 10 year old daughter asked the old lady at the front desk for the bathroom she told them they could not because we had checked out earlier and that all guests must be off property by 1:00 p.m. at the latest. Our usual stay in the Keys are usually met by nice hotel owners and staff and this was quite surprising. Still overall if you can stay away from the front lobby you should be okay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Neil C
Khill13, General Manager at Lime Tree Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I apologize for someone not being kind to you after you checked out. While we do ask our guests to vacate the rooms so we can get them clean for the ones checking in, you are allowed to remain on property and certainly can use the outside bath facilities while here. The front desk person is not a manager and has been spoken too.
We are happy to hear you liked the townhomes and our housekeeping staff did a good job for you.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We loved this beautiful room and it's amazing view; took advantage of the hot tub at sunset and lounged on the beach chairs, hammocks and docks while driving down the keys. We loved the style and privacy so much, we made it a point to book a room there on the way home too. The front doesn't look like much, don't be fooled. The rooms are great and the view from the balcony is breathtaking. (Be aware that restaurants around there close EARLY in the evening!Not much night life)

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the water! We enjoyed being up high and having the balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Wonderful news that you came back on your way up the Keys. That confirms we are doing things right. We appreciate your review.
Our hammocks and beach chairs offer the relaxing atmosphere most guests want while here.
We are looking forward to the restaurant opening next door so we will have dining options on site for you.
I hope you will return to visit us again next time you head down to the Florida Keys.