“Turning a corner”

Ranked #1 of 1 Pettistree B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Turning a corner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

This establishment has had plenty of issues in the past ( see other posts ). But with the professionalism and charm of the new manager the three tuns is destined to do a 180 degree turn!!
There is a need to spend some money on bringing it up to the 21st century, but the property itself has excellent potential.
We wish the new management all the best for the future, and hope that investment is made in this business.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

worst place to stay for numerous reasons ..we were firstly given a room with wet towels on the floor and an unmade bed..then we were told we could stay another night in the room we were moved to...when we returned from a day out, we were greeted by a sign saying "you can't stay in this room tonight, your bags in the bar"...not a nice feeling that someone else had touched your possessions without prior knowledge...then we were told we were in room 1...which looked ok until my partner went to get some bubble bath (to replace the ones staff had left in previous room)..I decided to start to run the spa bath, which doesn't actually work, it was then I discovered pubic hair in the bath..and "lol" written on the mirror, like the one in the bedroom also unclean.....there was a broken socket at the dressing table...and shoe polsh on the valance...there was no bacon left for breakfast on the saturday morning... staff looked unproffessional...one had love bites visible on his neck.. broken glass still in window in dinning area.. thought someone was going to walk in when we in the throws of passion....rooms were cold....wish I had bought my dressing gown...

Room Tip: rooms in another... any other, hotel would be better..or wait until there's new management..or l...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Pettistree hotels

Luton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Booked here because it said it was dog friendly and we were travelling with our two terriers and the professional photographs looked O.K. Don't believe them! New owners have taken over and have been there for 3 weeks but their answer to resurrecting this (what could be a great old coaching inn b & b) is to have live music nights on Fridays - the day of our arrival, the only saving grace is that nobody comes! The same lads loll in the bar and on Saturday morning an empty bottle of Jack Daniels and an empty coke bottle decked the car park. The broken glass from the fight last year still hasn't been mended - in fact there's more broken glass around than I've ever seen at any commercial establishment! The dogs still bark at the kennels next door, the old fashioned TVs still don't work, they still haven't cleaned the rooms or sorted the hot water, apart from a grim breakfast on bare, unlaid tables there is no food. I'm not convinced our sheets were clean, in fact I'd lay my life on the bottom pillowcases not having been changed (I wrapped my pillow in my own clean towel to have a chance of sleeping without heaving). The shower was so disgusting I couldn't bear to use it although my husband braved a lukewarm drip. The new owners may make a difference over time but not unless they've got a lot of experience of the hospitality industry and a spare £100k to spend .............. and I don't think they have.

Room Tip: Just don't do it!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AuntieMoo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

When we arrived, the B and B was locked, the manager turned up late, did not apologise.

We were given a room which was dirty, the sheets were disgusting and the bathroom very dirty, we had to ask to change rooms. The new room was cleaner but the kettle had mould in it and the cups were dirty. The walls are also paper thin so we had a really bad nights sleep. We know its cheap but we felt ripped off, don't risk it, its awful.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I read the reviews for this establishment on the way to it in the car. I honestly thought it couldnt be that bad, I was very wrong!! On arrival we were told that our reservation had not been made and after a lot of complaining about her boss telling her off and continously asking if our name was Leonard we managed to convince her our name was not Leonard (although changing it might have saved time) the girl offered us a room upstairs. To get to the room you had to walk behind the bar which was filthy and up a narrow dark staircase! We were told it would be quieter up there as apparently all the bikers would be very rowdy at 3am. The mirror in the room was filthy and there was no en suite. When I pointed out I had booked an en suite I was told I could use her bathrooom as she doesnt use it. Clearly cleaning products arent really their thing either! When I pointed out the room was unacceptable she decided she was going to throw another guest out of their room to fit us in!!! After mumbling something about a disabled guest causing problems because she wanted a downstairs room, the member of staff then let herself into Room 1 to discover that the guests were having sex, which we could obviously hear from the doorway but luckily didnt see (I dont think I would have got that vision out of my head, although the lady was clearly enjoying herself)!!! Not detered by this she then proceeded to let herself into several other rooms with the intention of moving the guest without their prior knowledge or consent! On each occasion she was opening the door saying 'Please dont be having sex' she seemed to find it funny, personally I was disgusted that she would just let herself into someone elses room after they have clearly paid for the privacy. I asked if there were any other hotels nearby and she said no, I would rather have slept in the car than spent the whole night waiting for someone to come in or move my belongings whilst I wasnt there. Luckily for us I had seen a sign for the Ufford Park Hotel which is beautiful. I did feel sorry for the girl who was trying to find us a room until I spoke to a cab driver about it and he filled me in on some of the more gory details of this 'establishment' I go to hotels regularly as much of our business involves working away from home and I have never seen anything like this, it makes Fawlty Towers look professional!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Just choose a different hotel, a tent would be better!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sara K
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Stayed for one night on business. No-one at reception. Had to search out someone for room key, and was told that if I wanted anything other than cod for dinner I was out of luck. Group of lads at the bar obviously drunk and swearing loudly even though this was mid afternoon. Room was short of ok. Old fashioned TV which didn't work, no Wi-Fi, no plug in sink, and the shower was ineffective with lukewarm water, and all soap dispensers empty. Bed linen was ok though. Full English breakfast ordered in the morning and I was presented with stone cold bacon and egg, with tinned tomatoes clearly just dumped straight out of the tin. Sent it back, but was still charged for breakfast at checkout by a very snotty member of staff. Needless to say I will not be going back, and have reported this back to booking.com where I made my reservation.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Booked through Late Rooms, had booking conformation etc.
Pulled into the car park and the place looked pretty run down.
Checked into reception only to find no room available and no record of booking.
Spoke to the woman who takes the reservations and she said “I have over looked your booking”. They tried to get us a room a hotel three miles away but they were fully booked. We were then offered a room in the staff quarters with no en suite with a price reduction of only £15. The manager didn’t want to know, he just tried to blaim the booking agent. So we decided to leave.
The reason for our staying was that some friends from Australia (that we hadn’t seen for 28 years) were checking in and we were going to have a meal and spend the evening together.
They had already checked in. They had booked from Australia for 9 nights. On arrival the booking was only for one night.
We found their room on our way out only to find how disgusted they were with it. The room was small and smelly. The bathroom was filthy and after arriving after a long flight the first thing they wanted was a shower. This they got but only with cold water. No hot water available. Needless to say they repacked and checked out too.
Glad we did not stay for dinner.
Defiantly only a place to stay if you are really desperate.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank angry_bikerz1000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pettistree
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
#3 of 22 in Woodbridge
Bull Hotel - Woodbridge
Bull Hotel - Woodbridge
#14 of 22 in Woodbridge

Been to 3 Tuns Coaching Inn? Share your experiences!