I booked this hotel for a getaway for my family and a couple of friends as we were looking for a nice country place to stay for the weekend.
I first looked at this hotel on trip advisor and I was very sceptical to say the least as some of the older reviews were a mix of good and bad reviews, I chose to book this place due to the price being a lot cheaper than other hotels in this area of Suffolk.
I can honestly say this was one of the best decisions I could have made.
From the minute we walked in the door we were made to feel very welcome, the owner, George was very professional as were all the staff we saw over the 2 nights we stayed.
The rooms we had were a family room which had a double bed and a single bed.
There was also a Jacuzzi bath too which was a pleasant surprise!!
We also had a twin room with 2 single beds, freeview tv, coffee and tea making facilities and a shower room.
There was also free WiFi throughout the building.
The food was excellent, made to order by George himself, using local suppliers for his sausage and mash which was yummy!
I had creme brulee for dessert which was excellent too.
My Irish coffee was the perfect end to day 1.
Breakfast was a cooked full English with cereal, fruit, yogurt, tea and toast.
After a busy day exploring the local area, we came back to the "Tuns" as this place is affectionately known, to be greeted like friends which really made a very nice touch.
We had a few drinks in the bar and then another fantastic meal in the restaurant, I recommend the chicken curry!
To sum this place up, it is a traditional place, not to fancy, but very comfortable.
We all agreed that the hospitality here is second to none.
I will definitely stay here again and have recommended this place to friends already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, comfortable hotel in midst rural Suffolk. Short distances to Ipswich or the coastal towns of Aldeburgh, Southwold or Walberswick. Our bar is stocked with local ales and our restaurant provides a wide selection of traditional dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your 3 Tuns Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The 3 Tuns
- The Three Tuns Hotel Pettistree
- 3 Tuns Coaching Inn Pettistree, Suffolk