France Amazonia
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Misahualli
See available hotels
La Casa Del Suizo(Puerto Napo)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthe ownerhot waterthe riverantoinebugsshowercanoejungleguide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2011

location: a five minute walk to the main town and beach
check-in: The young French owner greeted me in a very cold and uninterested way and was strictly there to give me my room keys then take my payment for the two nights. (cash only, no ATMs in town)
room: dark, damp, and an overwhelming musty odor. Room wasn't super clean, but no obvious dirt, either. Little spiders, mosquitos, and ants did creep though the cracks and holes but not that big of deal. Windows surround the walls and are screen only. Privacy can be had with closing the curtains, but makes it stuffy. No AC or fan. Shower was tepid only.
Sleep: The damp air made me chilled and I had to use an extra blanket that also smelled very musty like it hadn't been washed or aired out recently. You will awake feeling like you went camping.
Grounds: freshwater pool is best part of the hotel. The flowers surrounding it are very pretty and well cared for. The sand and bon-fire area is a great place to hang out in the hammocks and have a pina-colada. From there you can also view the river, but there's no real access to it like was advertised. Trust me, I tried.
Breakfast: typical bread, eggs, fruit, and fresh hot coffee. I've had better, but the real coffee made up for what the breakfast lacked.
Staff: Overall helpful and kind. The owner went around to each breakfast table suggesting day trips which was helpful, but in my opinion he lacks sincerity.
Overall: If I was traveling alone I wouldn't stay here again for the price, but if I was coming with my family I would due to the nice pool. I'd stay in the suite, which looks less moldy. But because Misahaulli is a very small pueblo, there aren't more than like 3 hostel options in town, so I guess this is as good as any. Don't expect a 4 star jungle resort though.

Room Tip: Not for travelers with mold allergies
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

A group of 13 of us, mostly family, from both Ecuador and the US, spent 3 restful nights at Hotel France-Amazonia. The owners/hosts made us feel comfortable and that they were available, even tough there was not someone visibly there all the time. Service was excellent. Breakfast was absolutly wonderful--both quality of the food and service. It was lovely to fall asleep each night with the rushing of the river providing soothing background.
We would all go back there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank annehp
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Had a fabulous 3 night stay. We spent one night in a standard room and booked the suite for the remaining 2 nights. The suite is an amazing deal and we would gladly return. The cost was well worth it, the location is tranquil next to the river and yet a 400 meter walk into town. The included breakfast allowed us to enjoy the morning next to the pool and plan our day. Cannot state enough how much we enjoyed our stay!

We took a taxi from Tena, and then the bus back as we left. The bus conveniently picked us up right in across the street and we were able to stay on board the same bus all the way back to Quito.

Room Tip: THE SUITE! That's all I have to say.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BallardTraveler
Reviewed 27 February 2011

This was a wonderful place to stay. Just wish we had 'discovered it' earlier, then we would have stayed a LOT longer than just a night. The entire complex is in a walled compound, very secure. Great place to park a vehicle. The rooms are "very interesting". We were up - with a view over the entire complex, PLUS a view of the river. Beds, although very basic, were very comfortable. Having the mess-screening all around is an extra selling point - it keeps the monkeys out ( plus any other unwanted creepy-crawlies)
The morning coffee was FANTASTIC, served in thermos flasks so it staays hot. Ample food, too much for a 'normal' person to eat. The owner is a young French man, very helpful, very accomodating. the hotel POOL was absolutely fantastic. Waht a great place to sit, relax, drink some of the 0.5L beer at just $1.50/bottle and watch the beautiful star-sky. Very romantic.
Walking from the Hotel into town is a short 700m/yds. The town has learned that Tourism can be good for the economy so - EVERYONE seems very eager to offer help, assistance, guidance. We ate lunch a roadside restaurant where the waiter soke excellent English. We got talking and he showed us where to catch a river-boat ride. He (the waiter) explained to us, in detail the various options, the pro/cons of each. Very helpful. As the river boat operators do NOT speak any English, we asked the waiter if he'd come along and........for $20 he was willing to abandon his jub and be our English speaking tour guide for the FOUR 1/2 hours Boat tour. Best money we ever spend. Worthe VERY penny.! Shared between four of us, that was only $5/ea.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juergen R
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Had a great stay, nice rooms, small beds, good breakfast, with private access to the Napo river, great value overall, but.... we got $20 bucks stolen from our luggage during room cleaning and the hotel did not took responsability for it. Besides that it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends