“Loved Staying at the Wonderful and Relaxing Place!”
Review of France Amazonia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Misahualli
France Amazonia
Ranked #1 of 2 Misahualli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I along with another couple stayed here for two nights while visiting the secondary jungle. We all highly recommend staying at this place.The included breakfast in our very reasonable room rate (we paid cash as we find that we can always get a much better room rate per person deal!) was delicious and generous featuring freshly made coffee and squeezed juices, homemade breads and jams, eggs cooked the way you like them along with fresh fruit. Our room was actually quite clean considering the fact that you are in the jungle and the bed was indeed very comfortable. Both my husband and I slept quite well both nights as this hotel/ b&b is located in a very quiet area of town. Our delightful thatch roofed cabana also featured a very simple yet functional bathroom with hot water for showers. I would probably suggest that you bring your own towels, shampoo and soap, especially if you are kind of a fussy person about these types of things, although we certainly had no problem at all using what we were offered. We quite enjoyed swimming in the fresh water pool in the evenings. There was even a fire pit with several hammocks to relax in. The garden walkways are quite lovely as was the view of the river! There was also a small bar where you can access free WiFi and order drinks. There was also very secure parking available within the hotel confines. We were located only a 5 to 10 minute walk from the town where we met up with many mischievous and playful monkeys on our way to taking a canoe trip down the river. We enjoyed our conversations with the very kind and welcoming owner of this delightful hotel. Remember though, you are going to find bugs absolutely everywhere especially during the rainy season and even in your room...you are venturing into the Amazon rain forest after all!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank deb-terr

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My husband, children and I had had two successful visits to this hotel over the past few years. However, our most recent visit at the end of December, 2013, with my parents who were visiting us in Ecuador from the United States, proved to be embarrassingly disappointing with an uncountable number of black insects LITERALLY falling down on a constant basis from the recently replaced thatched roofing onto our beds, luggage, bath towels, sitting-room couches and tables. We could hear them creeping up above us during the night and FEEL them falling on us while we TRIED to sleep. We were completely offended by the owner's hostility, rudeness, lack of understanding and unwillingness to refund our money when we said we could not make it through another night with the insects, even though he was at full capacity in the rest of the hotel and COULD NOT offer us another room. Please do not get us wrong, we are avid travelers and, believe it or not, insect lovers, and yes, we can deal with the average and expected number of bugs when visiting the jungle. However, this was an extreme and unacceptable situation. In the end, we were less upset about the insects than the owner's attitude toward us and our decision to not put ourselves through another sleepless night. When we chose to leave despite our unfair economical loss, he even went so far as to yell an accusation at us of having stolen the towels, which he had simply not taken the time to discover were actually respectfully folded and hanging on clothes hangers in one of the bedrooms to allow them to dry appropriately, while keeping them away from the insect-infested floor. For people who love exploring Ecuador as much as my family, and who have depended greatly on the advice of TRIP ADVISOR reviews, I could not let anyone fall unexpectedly into such an uncomfortable, unjust and frustrating situation. I highly encourage you to enjoy all of the wonder of Misahualli, Ecuador, but suggest that you enjoy it while staying somewhere else!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Tanis E
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Great location, beautiful hotel with great pool however the rooms are dirty (we were a group of 8 amd all had the same issues), the beds are old and uncomfortable. The welcome is aggressive and unfriendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I've stayed in the hotel two times already and would certainly stay there again. The pool has the perfect temperature and the resting place in front of the river is a great place to relax at night with friends. If there plan for a trek in the primary rainforest reserve Jatun Sacha , which is 20 minutes away by car.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank cesarorbed
Reviewed 14 February 2013

It was the dog, Canina (?) that sold us on the place. She is a great dog, very friendly and friendly dogs generally have friendly owners. It was a good sign.

We had the place to ourselves - we took two of the "new rooms" overlooking the river. The lighting was well done. The bed very comfortable. - great sheets - everything very clean.

The bathroom was well done - the shower curtains a little cheap looking and the electric on demand hot water is not great, but we overlook it since the place is gorgeous and the service, excellent. The pool area is very relaxing, made of natural materials it looks like paradise.

breakfast was plentiful and served the way we ordered it.

Its an easy walk into the center of town yet far enough away to not be disturbed by the noise.

We recommend this place for a great stay in Misahualli

Room Tip: ask for the new rooms overlooking the river if available.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Court593
Reviewed 10 July 2012

A short walk to town to see the monkeys and for the canoe tours, this hotel is perfect, nice little pool good bar and friendly hosts.The rooms were fine with hot water.We were there with a large group and everybody was happy..If in the area again would stay there for sure...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank grandmadynamite
Reviewed 21 August 2011

location: a five minute walk to the main town and beach
check-in: The young French owner greeted me in a very cold and uninterested way and was strictly there to give me my room keys then take my payment for the two nights. (cash only, no ATMs in town)
room: dark, damp, and an overwhelming musty odor. Room wasn't super clean, but no obvious dirt, either. Little spiders, mosquitos, and ants did creep though the cracks and holes but not that big of deal. Windows surround the walls and are screen only. Privacy can be had with closing the curtains, but makes it stuffy. No AC or fan. Shower was tepid only.
Sleep: The damp air made me chilled and I had to use an extra blanket that also smelled very musty like it hadn't been washed or aired out recently. You will awake feeling like you went camping.
Grounds: freshwater pool is best part of the hotel. The flowers surrounding it are very pretty and well cared for. The sand and bon-fire area is a great place to hang out in the hammocks and have a pina-colada. From there you can also view the river, but there's no real access to it like was advertised. Trust me, I tried.
Breakfast: typical bread, eggs, fruit, and fresh hot coffee. I've had better, but the real coffee made up for what the breakfast lacked.
Staff: Overall helpful and kind. The owner went around to each breakfast table suggesting day trips which was helpful, but in my opinion he lacks sincerity.
Overall: If I was traveling alone I wouldn't stay here again for the price, but if I was coming with my family I would due to the nice pool. I'd stay in the suite, which looks less moldy. But because Misahaulli is a very small pueblo, there aren't more than like 3 hostel options in town, so I guess this is as good as any. Don't expect a 4 star jungle resort though.

Room Tip: Not for travelers with mold allergies
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo