Suchipakari Amazon Rainforest Reserve & Ecolodge - Amazon Ecuador
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Casa Del Suizo(Puerto Napo)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewseco lodgeindigenous communitieschocolate makingnice lodgevery nice placesoupfood was amazingrecommend this placethe busactivitiescabinguideamazonforesttenainsectsecuador
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Suchipakari was an incredible experience that I will never forget. I've actually been there twice, once with a friend and later with a university group. The lodge handled both types of experiences with expertise. Suchipakari supports surrounding indigenous communities, providing them with resources and volunteers to contribute to local development initiatives, making it a one-of-a-kind place with an altruistic purpose.

The rooms are some of the best I have stayed in in the Amazon, with netting on all windows to block mosquitoes and other insects from coming in. The rooms are comfortable, and the food at the restaurant is great and all local Ecuadorian dishes! Although the location is not very close to stores, the lodge has snacks and drinks available on site. The activities are top quality, with unique cultural activities with nearby Kichwa communities and hikes through the incredible rainforest.

I recommend the Suchipakari Jungle Lodge to anyone and everyone, whether you are traveling alone, with your friends or family, or in a larger group!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank HCH705
SantiagoM79, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Suchipakari Amazon Rainforest Reserve & Ecolodge - Amazon Ecuador, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Suchipakari Jungle Lodge. It is wonderful to learn that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with attentive service. Thank you for review and recommendation. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I've been in Ecuador for a while, and stayed at some all-inclusive places. I guess I've gotten spoiled. For the money we spent, I've come to expect incredible food, truly friendly & helpful service, and simple-but-lovely accommodations. Suchipakari was a disappointment. The rooms are nothing special, and there's no hot water in the showers. The mosquito nets on the windows have holes, so you get bitten in the night. Our guide, though knowledgeable, seemed bored most of the time. (I mean, I'm sure it IS boring doing the same jungle hike every day, but still...) Also, he kept pulling me aside during meals and activities and asking me to pay. Again, payment is obviously due, but we were under the assumption that we'd pay at the end, thus settling whatever costs we'd accrued along the way (as is customary at any lodging). His constant reminders that what we were doing would cost us really detracted from the fun. All in all, I think that if you're going to do a jungle lodge trip, you can do better than Suchipakari.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank kjsharp83

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for taking your time in sharing your comments and proposals regarding your stay at Suchipakari Rainforest Hotel. They are very useful for improving our work. We regret not having covered deeply your expectations regard to our hotel.
During your stay we did our best, but thanks to comments like yours we`ll be able to offer a major satisfaction in future stays.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

In July 2012 my college group of students spent a week at Suchipakari. They didn't want to leave! The food was wonderful and diverse, our guide, Diego, was superb (professional and fun) and the activities were a blast for all while still being educational. Our cabins were lovely, a pool was being completed the day we were leaving, the bonfire on the beach was a highlight, though, we all loved the rafting. There are pool tables and ping pong in the main lodge. The owners are friendly and accomodating. Our only real issues were that all of our rooms had been emptied out with everyone's belongings having been moved to my cabin while we were rafting. It created confusion, caused tempers to flare and inconvenienced my students. Also, we had a miserable experience with our return driver. However, Suchipakari no longer works with the same transport company. I will be returning with my group this summer! We plan to extend our stay. Santiago wants you to be happy as they are trying to grow their business. My group highly recommends Suchipakari and Diego for a guide.

Room Tip: The cabins near the main lodge are lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank voyageusedumonde

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were there for two nights (myself, husband, and 15 and 12 yr-old kids) in a cuadruple bungalow, which was actually a room, not a stand-alone bungalow, with a double bed and a bunk bed. The lodge's location is beautiful, very near Pusuno river. The staff and guides are very helpful and nice, ready to meet your needs. The owner Santiago himself guides and serves along with the staff, which is really nice. They have very good activity options also. The food is good. The only drawback are the rooms. The beds are badly constructed with planks sticking out, and make a lot of noise. We could also hear every word our neighbors said. I couldn't sleep because my sheets were too short and kept crumpling under my body. Only the basic fixtures in the bathroom, not even hooks to hang towels. Also the towels were very coarse. They could put chairs that are more comfortable or even hammocks on balconies. I also think they should install ceiling fans, especially in rooms as they can get very hot. The lighting in the room was very bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a stand-alone bungalow for privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea T

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and providing us with your valuable feedback. As a regular guest we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and take care about your comments. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you in your next visit to Ecuadorian Jungle.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We went to Suchipakari on a vacation trip , it was totally amazing! location is kinda far but if you want to get totally disconnected this is the perfect place! Watching the sunset in the middle of the river drinking beer , bonfire around the forest singing local songs , relaxing in the hammocks enjoying the nature (weird little avatar insects ) and the friendly staff made our stay unforgettable!!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are fine :D
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends