“Very Ordinary”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Nice restaurant sitting on the sea front which allows you to bring your own wine. All sounds good but unfortunately the prices are relatively high for very ordinary food.
Would recommend Grace Neills for better atmosphere and better quality food.

3  Thank Watson1957

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We love The Governer Rocks. The food is always excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful but there were a few things amiss on this visit which is why I have given 4 instead of 5 dots.
No drinks order taken when we arrived, we had to wait about 15 minutes
Our booking was for 4 people - the table was only set for 3
The room was quite busy. This made for a great atmosphere but when the waitress came to take our order we had to ask her to repeat herself several times (she could have stepped nearer the table or spoken more loudly)
Dessert was Lemon Possett with almond shortbread.There was no almond shortbread left so small pastry slices were substituted.
None of the above was a major problem but a bit more attention to detail would have turned a good evening into an excellent one. It won't stop us going back, everywhere can have an 'off' day occasionally

1  Thank PaulHFromCranley
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Having dinner at the Governor Rocks at least once a month and it still never fails to impress me! The menu changes everytime- allowing me to try something different every time. On our last visit, Aimee, Kelly and Jade made our experience extra special for my Mums birthday which was so much appreciated. I would recommend the Governor Rocks to anyone!!!

1  Thank jessrobo15
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely delicious lunch. 3 courses and couldn't fault anything. Food was delicious, service was excellent and staff were lovely. Delicious lunch and I look forward to my next visit.

1  Thank SMICK74
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Now I'm a regular customer. The food and service is excellent and groupon vouchers are super convenient as there is no limitations on the menu.
Just stay away during busy nights (saturday experience has not been the best) and avoid desserts, you'd leave the restaurant with a bad memory.

2  Thank Luigi C