“Perfect evening”
Review of The Governor Rocks - CLOSED

The Governor Rocks
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Perfect evening”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We went for a romantic dinner last night. The service was fab. & our food was 5*. I had the duo of fish & it was absolutely divine. The restaurant was busy but we were tended to the whole evening. Well done to all the staff for their continued dedication in this lovely restaurant . We always enjoy our visits to u & look forward to the next time

1 Thank Ernesto32119

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Governor Rotten”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Lovely location, lovely staff pity about the food my friend took me here on Thursday evening as a treat as she had been b4 and enjoyed it true what they say about this place hit and miss by any stretch of the imagination she had fish cake over cooked in dirty oil on the outside cold and soggie on the inside I had mussels with cream & garlic which had split not a gr8 start, Staff apologised and ask if we'd like anything else we both said no and moved on 2 the main which was even worse I'd the pork belly defo all belly no pork swimming in yuk she had the whole lobster and it was swimming in so much garlic butter she had to ask for anothr plate when she had swapped plates it was no better the lobster was cold and slimy again conplained I could not palate anymore of their food but my friend changed her lobster 2 due of seabass & mackeral needless to say it was awful aswell we ask for the bill which we paid in full and left never to return again that I can be sure off o a member of staff did ask if we'd like to go and speak to the chef we both refused personally I think the chef should have came to us after all we were the paying customers but then again I think he was afraid to leave his kitchen incase he was linched in the dinning area whilst ther we observed alot of food being sent back and other customers a table of 4 complain beside thk I'll stick 2 pier 36 or the quays if im in the area again :(

5 Thank marion M
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
“Hit or Miss!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Called again today for a quick lunch. Have had great meals here but also have had poor. Consistency seams to be a problem. Staff great and lovely location. Wine glasses dirty, simple starters Smoke Cod Fish cake was cold, wet and coating overdone. Chicken starter really dry. We did say to staff as we didn't finish meal, but told 'sorry about that'. Paid in full and went elsewhere, never again.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Feetofflames35
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Breakfast treat”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great for lunch, great for dinner and now great for breakfast!
Good quality produce, cooked well and great value as tea and coffee is included.
Can't understand how its not rated no.1 in Donaghadee.
It is miles ahead of the others in menu and service.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Restaurant”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant really surprised me, first impression was it was very simply laid out and didn't look that good buy after we where seated and looked round it was very nice. The staff where very friendly and helpful throughout the whole meal, the atmosphere with all the candles lite on all the tables added to it all. We shared our starter: Mussels with White Wine, followed by two main courses: Governors Fish Pie, Braised Lamb and some chips which where all washed down with a few glasses of wine. Dessert: Sticky Toffee Pudding & Pannacotta. The whole meal was without doubt gorgeous and faultless. Not only would I recommend this restaurant but I intend to visit this place again and again.

Visited August 2014