“Fantastic Overnight Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pier 36 Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Donaghadee
Pier 36 Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Donaghadee B&B and Inns
“Fantastic Overnight Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We decided to use the mid week deal on the Thursday after new year since we didnt get out NYE. It cost £109 on the mid week deal which for two included an evening meal from set menu and free glass of wine, overnight stay and Breakfast. We were upgraded on arrival to the "Smith" suite which has a beautiful view of the light house and across the water. It was titanic themed room which was an excellent size, king size bed, sofa and chairs, TV, clean modern bathroom with hairdryer, towel and tolietries supplied.
Our evening meal was delicious I couldnt fault it in any way, if i had to say something negative it would only be that we had to ask for our free glass of wine but other than that I dont have anything to complain about. We didnt fancy any of the desserts on the menu but ended up going for the choice of the 10 mini desserts which for us was ample after a good feed, we didnt want to feel too full. The staff were very friendly and couldnt have done enough for us while we were there. Breakfast was serviced between 8-10 since we had a selection of dishes to chose between you could have cereal, toast, yoghurt and fruit and then a choice of cooked breakfast, it was very good and again if I had to say something negative it would be that a new pot of hot water for tea would have been nice as tea got quite cold but I id say had I asked for this to be done they would have done this immediately without a problem.

Overall great wee trip would definately go back again in the future and have recommended to friends and family :-)

Room Tip: Suites Drake and Smith over look sea front and are very good size but I cannot comment on the other...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bigbirdjc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had a lovely meal with friends,which was outstanding,, the atmosphere all round was great,, spotless , slept well, breakfast was really nice,,service continued from the previous evening:))all in all can't wait to go back:) roll on my birthday ::::))))) see ya's soooooooon,,take care,,x

• Stayed December 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Second time we've dined at Pier 36. Surroundings, bar, staff and food all excellent. We had the steak for two menu with a bottle of wine for around £54, totally worth it, the steak was simply perfect! Customer service is also second to none. Not a single fault with this place, I'll be back soon.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Augustus, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I were looking somewhere to stay on our journey back home to Scotland. We were given a free upgrade as they were not busy. The room we were given had a view over the harbour and lacked for nothing. We had a meal in the restaurant and both that and the breakfast were excellent. The staff were all very helpful. Highly reccomended

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike F
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

My Wife and I last stayed in Pier 36 on 23/2/2013, We have been regular visitors over the past few years. It was a special occasion my wife's birthday and we were not disappointed. The room was perfect with a beautiful view of the harbour. The restaurant is perfect with a wide variety to choose from and the staff are just amazing and also very helpful to every little request.

Breakfast next morning was just the best and if you are ever thinking of visiting Pier 36 stop thinking and start booking you will not be disappointed.... we certainly weren't. :-) 10/10

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom W
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I'd heard good reports about this place, but all were exceeded when we stayed there for three nights `recently.
The room was lovely with a great view of the bay. And it was quiet due to the modern double-glazed window.
The restaurant and service were exemplary.
The breakfast was amazing and the dinners in the restaurant were just lovely.
We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Sitting here looking out of my bedroom window at the harbour and across to the islands with Scotland beyond, I could be in heaven. I don’t think Donaghadee has even been big enough to have 36 Piers but this place is no worse for that. A local told me that the last hotel on Donaghadee closed years ago, yet this place meets all the requirements. As you check in over the bar, the staff are all you might expect of the gregarious and friendly Norrern Irlanders – offered a drink before the key arrived! You will be back in the bar because they serve a good range of good beers (even Leffe on draught) and the food in their restaurant is well up to standard (see separate review). It’s an old-fashioned Irish Bar and the old-fashioned flowery blue carpet on the stairs and corridor to the rooms is too gloomy and a bit dirty, but once you get to the rooms all is transformed.
Modern, clean, very well-equipped for the price and every bit the hotel room you expect in a modern mid-price hotel – except for the bathroom whichwas stupendous, very large, bright and clean, bath and powerful shower, plenty of beautiful soft white towels and bathrobes big enough for my 6’4” frame, more toiletries that you could count… Apparently it is classed as a B&B, but it’s hotel quality, with room service, freebies if you have forgotten your toothpaste etc and charge-to-room in the restaurant and bar.
Breakfast, in the room rate, offered the usual array of cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, juices and a choice of hot breakfast. I wasn’t sure if I had room for the full Irish, so settled for scrambled eggs and smoked salmon served with toasted wheaten bread. A cut above average.
But the best thing is the location right on the harbourside!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room at the front overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donaghadee
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
Marine Court Hotel
#4 of 4 in Bangor
The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro
La Mon Hotel & Country Club

Been to Pier 36 Guesthouse? Share your experiences!