“never again!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I used this place quite a lot, in the main it was fine, if a little tired with the menu. However our latest experiences have led me to believe that standards are slipping. A Christian friend of mine was subjected to a torrent of foul-mothed abuse from a drunk female customer, the landlady not only offred no help or apology, but seemed to find it 'funny' On another occasion, I ordered a meal, went outside, the meal arrived duly arrived, with no cutlery, the waitress was off before I could ask and, as I'm disabled, this caused quite an inconvenience. The meal itself was disastrous, the 'calamari' was inedible 9this was witnessed by some local regulars) there was also a problem with the mussels as I ended up ill that night, having ate nothing else after said 'meal' I went in next day and mentioned it, more in an effort to prevent another customer suffering the same, again there was no apology, the barmaid told the chef, who brushed my genuine complaint aside, according to her. All in all, the place has gone downhill, would not recommend it at all

3  Thank Alan_Graham1912

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Went for lunch,got ribeye steak, 3/4's fat and for £17.95 value ridiculous :( went to another restaurant for dessert as meal so bad!spoke to server who said spoke to chef and ribeye has fat so still charged full price!extremely disappointing and would not recommend at all :( have gone several times in past and enjoyed but standards seem to have slipped badly :(

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have been to the Moat Inn many time and each time we go the food is excellent and the staff are friendly. I have never had a bad meal in it. Plenty of food on the plate so you don't leave hungry. And the prices are good mixed grill and chicken Maryland and 2 drinks £30. And the place is always warm when you go in.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Had a lovely roast beef dinner here with my father! Loads of it, cheap and tasty! Donaghadee is really spoiled for choice in restaurants, but I will be returning here!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

we went for Saturday night dinner, décor was clean and fresh, nice relaxing ambience. servers were polite and efficient,menu was excellent if a tad unadventurous. food was gorgeous, all very reasonably priced.