“Not worth the trip or expense”
Review of Fusion - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Toronto
“Not worth the trip or expense”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

First, It's important to note that this restaurant has moved to Benaulim Beach, which is about 20 minutes drive south of Majorda (the restaurant's website confirms it). The fact that no recent reviews mentioned this should have been a warning.

Second, I will say that the food is very nice. And now that it's on the beach, the view would be lovely, if you went at or before sunset.

However, the food isn't special, considering that food, even western food, is generally pretty good in Goa, and even beach shacks do good stuff. Also, the service was disappointing from a restaurant advertising itself as a step above the rest. The boys taking the orders had limited English skills--it may have been that they were being trained, but without supervision. I ordered the "signature steak" and wasn't asked how I wanted it cooked, so I volunteered the info and it was clear the waiter had no idea what I was talking about. And the steak was not cooked to order. The food took a long time to come to table in a virtually empty restaurant. After my dishes were cleared, there were 5 staff standing around the bar, but not one thought to ask me if I wanted anything else, or the bill (note that I was dining alone, so it wasn't like I was engrossed in conversation with someone). I finally flagged a boy down to say I wanted to order desert (I wasn't satisfied by my dinner).

He brought me the menu and stood silently and waited. I ordered the first chocolate cake on the menu. After waiting 20 minutes, I decided to cancel my order and demand the bill, It took another 5 minutes to get someone's attention (a large party had entered) and finally the manager came and said my cake was almost ready and that since it was made to order, it took 20 minutes to prepare. When I looked surprised, he apologized for his staff not informing me when I ordered.

When the cake finally came, it was delicious, but not worth the wait, or the price--it was 3 bites of cake, a plate full of fondant sauce and a small scoop of ice cream.

I also think the prices are too high. Jamies Colva which is on the Colva Beach Rd has food that is just as good—perhaps even better—more sophisticated decor and menu, and much more skilled staff—and much lower prices. Yes, Fusion is on the beach, which is more pleasant than a high traffic beach road, but when you are in Goa, you eat lunch everyday on the beach at the economical beach shacks. This

Food is good. Value is questionable. If you aren't staying in Benaulim Beach, it's not worth the trip to the place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank rtw_rachel

London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

A great place to eat. Great menu catering for all nationalities. Booking is recommended though since this is a small interim ate restaurant. very clean

Visited February 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great for sea food”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Great ambience and good music. Good for families and offers great value for mony

Visited March 2012
plymouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“well worth a visit”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

we have passed this restaurant many times and decided to pay it a visit. Quieter than most restaurants and a little more varied than the norm we enjoyed both our meals and would definitely return at a later date

Visited March 2012
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Con-fusion would sum up this place better.”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

High expectations yes but not unrealistic food was a bit greasy and tasteless. staff rather pushy with their recommendations not a patch on martins corner or fish ka. In fact the beach shacks out do them all.

1 Thank liz f