“Not a great experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Staines, United Kingdom
“Not a great experience”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This restaurant is located on Benaulim Beach as pointed out by one of the other reviewers. We were recommended this place so decided to go on our 2nd night.
It is little more than a shack but is in a good position.
We ordered mackerel but were told it was not available as were our 2nd and 3rd choices.
We eventually ordered and the food was ok, nothing special .we shared starters of chicken and calamari but the portions were small.
Main courses were even smaller. As my first choice was not available I ended up having calamari for my main as well. I got 5 pieces spread out in a fan shape with a minute portion of salad.

When we got the bill we had been charged for our drinks twice,
. I had a gin and tonic but the bill said I had 2. When we queried this the manager said he always gives doubles ! My husband said that had we wanted a double we would have asked for it.
The manager threw his calculator across the table and refunded the money. It was not the 30rupees that we wanted it was an explanation and an apology.
This should not put you off trying this restaurant as we all like different things but just be aware of the drinks.

• Visited February 2013

Aylesbury
“great steak”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

devoured the first 1 - so they brought out another.. wine over priced. food is cooked at the table on hot slates. good fun and steak then cooks to your liking

Visited March 2012
Goa
“Hot Stone Beef... Fusion Nails It”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

A great Place to eat quality gourmet cuisine.

A nice collection of wine. Lovely personalized feel .

Hot-stone beef with chilli butter must be eaten...

• Visited July 2012
Toronto
“Not worth the trip or expense”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

First, It's important to note that this restaurant has moved to Benaulim Beach, which is about 20 minutes drive south of Majorda (the restaurant's website confirms it). The fact that no recent reviews mentioned this should have been a warning.

Second, I will say that the food is very nice. And now that it's on the beach, the view would be lovely, if you went at or before sunset.

However, the food isn't special, considering that food, even western food, is generally pretty good in Goa, and even beach shacks do good stuff. Also, the service was disappointing from a restaurant advertising itself as a step above the rest. The boys taking the orders had limited English skills--it may have been that they were being trained, but without supervision. I ordered the "signature steak" and wasn't asked how I wanted it cooked, so I volunteered the info and it was clear the waiter had no idea what I was talking about. And the steak was not cooked to order. The food took a long time to come to table in a virtually empty restaurant. After my dishes were cleared, there were 5 staff standing around the bar, but not one thought to ask me if I wanted anything else, or the bill (note that I was dining alone, so it wasn't like I was engrossed in conversation with someone). I finally flagged a boy down to say I wanted to order desert (I wasn't satisfied by my dinner).

He brought me the menu and stood silently and waited. I ordered the first chocolate cake on the menu. After waiting 20 minutes, I decided to cancel my order and demand the bill, It took another 5 minutes to get someone's attention (a large party had entered) and finally the manager came and said my cake was almost ready and that since it was made to order, it took 20 minutes to prepare. When I looked surprised, he apologized for his staff not informing me when I ordered.

When the cake finally came, it was delicious, but not worth the wait, or the price--it was 3 bites of cake, a plate full of fondant sauce and a small scoop of ice cream.

I also think the prices are too high. Jamies Colva which is on the Colva Beach Rd has food that is just as good—perhaps even better—more sophisticated decor and menu, and much more skilled staff—and much lower prices. Yes, Fusion is on the beach, which is more pleasant than a high traffic beach road, but when you are in Goa, you eat lunch everyday on the beach at the economical beach shacks. This

Food is good. Value is questionable. If you aren't staying in Benaulim Beach, it's not worth the trip to the place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank rtw_rachel
London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

A great place to eat. Great menu catering for all nationalities. Booking is recommended though since this is a small interim ate restaurant. very clean

Visited February 2012