“Great countryside resort”
Review of The Treehouse Blue

The Treehouse Blue
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were in this property for 4 daz.Its a great place to be with kids.Situated near Majorda Beach.Martin's corner (Sea food special restaurant) is near by.Colva beach is also not very far.Rooms are neat & clean,well equiped,pool was clean all four daz,you can get bicyles free of cost & explore the area .Friendly staff.......altogether had a gr8 stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Panchee, VP - Marketing & Sales at The Treehouse Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely review you have given us. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

I am also happy to let you know that we also have a resort The Treehouse Hotel, Club & Spa just 30 minutes from Gurgaon, (Delhi NCR) & a Boutique Hotel, The Treehouse Gurgaon, at Gurgaon; if you ever decide to visit Delhi, NCR, please let us know and we would be happy to have you stay with us. We look forward to making happier holidays for you in future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We chose this apartment because it was £21 a night (2100 rupees) for four of us, very cheap indeed. The room was clean, spacious, and had great facilities in the bathroom and kitchen. The swimming pool is pretty small and one of my friends gained a small rash from the swim, I think they used too much chlorine. Otherwise, the apartments themselves are great.

Admittedly, they're in the middle of nowhere. It's a nightmare to get a taxi and the nearest restaurant is a good 25 minute walk away.

HOWEVER, the worst part of this trip was the horrible manager who ruined our short stay in Majorda. The car he rented us wasn't a legal tourist vehicle and we had police issues. He subsequently tried to rip us all off with the bill by mistakenly adding things in hoping we wouldn't check. Finally, he insisted we could only pay for our room by card and the rest had to be in cash, something not mentioned earlier and clearly dodgy. Finally, when I went to pay the card machine wouldn't work and he very viciously argued with me saying my card was broke. Another customer attempted to pay which also failed proving his machine was broke, following which he was still bitter and insisted I'd have to withdraw the money and pay in cash (not very flexible at all).

To conclude, if you're looking for somewhere cheap for a few of you for one night or two, go for it. The wifi is great, tv has satellite channels, and the beds are good. However, this one gentleman absolutely ruined it so for a longer stay I'd recommend finding a friendlier hotel that won't try and rip you off, nor scream in your face.

Room Tip: The 4 person room was great, so for the extra £3 I'd always go with it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Treehouseblue, VP - Sales & Marketing at The Treehouse Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very valuable feedback. I appreciate that you have taken out time to review us. I have personally investigated the events and while some of it is circumstantial especially about the credit card machine, the other points we do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and poor handling of your check out.

I would also like to personally assure you that the issue with the car has been resolved and this instance will not be repeated since we will now hire only taxis and no private cars. Also regarding the payments we should have explained to you at the beginning of the stay particularly payments to vendors outside our hotel. We are also relooking at our service provider for the net connection so that we do not face any issue with the credit card machine going forward.

I would like to thank you for pointing our shortcomings which has only helped us learn for future and train our team better in handling situations like the ones which happened with you. I request you to kindly write to me personally if you ever get a chance to visit Goa again or any of our other leisure properties so that we can better showcase our hospitality.
Once again on behalf of our team and myself, please accept our apologies. We do hope to be able to get a chance to make it up to you soon.

Best Regards

VP-Sales & Marketing
vp@treehousehotels.in

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. We did an early check-in at around 6am and they were very co-operative. The stay was great. Very clean rooms. Beautiful pool. The kitchen was fully equipped. They have a induction stove, microwave, bread toaster, and utensils (pan, wok etc). We stayed in an one bedroom apartment which had a separate bedroom, so I could cook food for my son when he was asleep. The tuck shop is good it had every basic need. The rates were same as MRP.

The breakfast they provide was a small loaf of bread, butter, jams, half litre milk (not boiled), 2 raw eggs, kellogs chocos, salt,pepper packs, box of juice. Basically you have to cook your breakfast. I really wast looking forward to eat bread and jam everyday. I request the management to make some breakfast arrangements. For other meals the restaurants nearby are good.

Recommend it for people who prefer to cook.

Room Tip: For less noise from kitchen opt for 1 bedroom apartment.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Treehouseblue, VP - Sales & Marketing at The Treehouse Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My first 'family' trip to Goa was made memorable by choosing to stay here. One of our cousins have already stayed and given a very good feedback, and I should say it's all worth it. It is located in a calm and quiet place. You are occasionally distracted by the passing by train. The early morning walk/cycling would ensure you to spend the rest of the day energetically. The service was excellent and the staff were all very courteous. The Majorda beach is very near and you would love to spend a lot of time there. Since we were roaming around all the days, we couldn't use the swimming pool, but this is added to the 'TODO' list for our next trip.

Since our stay was cut short due to unavoidable circumstances, I would love to visit again.

Room Tip: If the number is not exceeding 4, then the studio apartment is the choice to pick
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Treehouseblue, VP - Sales & Marketing at The Treehouse Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed at The Threehouse Blue for a week. It was a very relaxing and peaceful stay. The staff was friendly and not bothering us from time to time and gave us good suggestions as to where to go site seeing and the good places in Goa to visit (Considering it was the monsoon season).

The room was large, spacious, comfortable and the most important there was no outside noise coming into the room. The best thing about the hotel is the local paintings which they have displayed in the rooms and the paintings on the wall in the lobby area. Even liked the concept of having to cook your own food.

To sum it all good value for money and would recommend Tree House Blue to my friends.

Would definitely love to stay at The Tree House Blue again....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon and as a regular guest.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is an excellent property set in a peaceful place just a kilometer from Majorda railway station. We reached very early in the morning and people at this place allowed us to check in. It was such a relief, thanks to this.
Now, apart from the relief of checking in early, we were provided with a free upgrade to a single bedroom apartment (we had booked a studio) which we didn't notice or knew until the receptionist later mentioned. It's quiet nice too. so 2 stars already within 1 hour.
The single bedroom had 2 balconies overseeing lush greenery from both sides (we were in 3rd flr) and was incredibly peaceful. One of it was very, very huge. There's a decent sized living room with a 32" inch LCD and an Airtel to supply all good channels. Then there's the dining come kitchen with loaded facilities (electric stove, toaster, fridge, cutleries, bar sets, plates, knives etc...). You would need to use all these because the breakfast provided comes in a basket - a small loaf, couple of eggs, butter, jam, juices packets. Personally, I loved making the eggs and toasts to my taste apart from the fact that the kitchen was extremely clean and kindled my interests. Now, you have the choice of sitting in one of the balconies and enjoying your breakfast at your apartment. Loved it!!
The bedroom was very good and so was the attached toilet. The entire apartment was brilliantly clean.
The people including the owner are all great. Very good service and take care of all your needs. They also can get you a bike for rental, that's a nice help but I wouldn't recommend it not because of anything wrong from the house but because of the guy who gives his bike. The guy's name is PEREIRA - DON'T EVER GET YOUR BIKE FROM HIM. HE TRIES TO ACCUSE EVERYONE AND GET AWAY WITH YOUR MONEY.

I saw him fighting with a person who also stayed here and rented from him. I should have just returned the bike after seeing it but I continued and returned the bike after 3 days and he pointed out the already broken part of the bike was actually damaged by me. I had to argue with him saying that all his bikes were the same and I had exchanged this bike to the one he initially provided, which was even worse than this. With the good support of Treehouse, I was able to manage this guy. He gets really worked up and asks for exorbitant amount. You may not have other rental options nearby but try to get a bike / car from Madgoan or other nearby rentals. I can only repeat again, Don't ever, even in your dire need rent from this pereira guy. He might sound nice initially but it's all deceiving.

Apart from this very bad rental experience, our stay at Treehouse was excellent and I would highly recommend it. I wish I had stayed here for another 2 days if not for my plan to go up north.

***5 stars***

PS: PEREIRA bike rental - DON'T EVER GET YOUR BIKE FROM HIM. HE TRIES TO ACCUSE EVERYONE AND GET AWAY WITH THEIR MONEY.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to extend a note of thanks to you for your recent stay at Treehouse Blue. It was entirely our pleasure of having you stay with us and we certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at Treehouse Blue at Majorda with my wife and two kids and just loved the serviced apartment. it is very professional managed like a hotel. Clean, comfortable apartment, excellent staff and good management. Keep it up!.We we do strongly recommend this place especially if you are traveling with kids.

Room Tip: A studio room has an LCD just opposite to your bed whereas the One Bedroom is in the Living room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Treehouseblue, VP - Sales & Marketing at The Treehouse Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

sales@thetreehouseblue.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Majorda
Treehouse Nova
#2 of 11 in Dona Paula
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#4 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to The Treehouse Blue? Share your experiences!