“Magical Morning in the Mist”
Review of Chepu Adventures

Chepu Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Chepu
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to our place, to enjoy a true sustainable eco stay, facing the Chepu River Wetlands. It is the perfect spot to experience & enjoy nature and our outdoor Low Impact Activities: Kayak & Trekking. Committed to preserve Nature we work with Wind and Solar Energy for our electricity and Sun for Hot showers. Enjoy silence, sounds of Nature, escorted by local mammals and birds. Insulated independent Eco Rooms for 2 and 3 people. Basic shared Dorms and a camping site for the backpackers that want to enjoy our area and also be mindful of the environment.
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I can't say enough about our experience at Chepu Adventures. Lovely, clean rooms, gorgeous scenery and wildlife and peace and quiet. I was lucky enough to spot a Pudu while reading in my cabana! The sunrise kayak trip is simply inspirational. The amount of stars visible that early in the morning, and with nearly zero light pollution, is almost overwhelming - don't forget to look up! Fernando and Amory, our gracious hosts and owners of Chepu Adventures are armed with fantastic stories and Amory prepares some of the most beautiful, thought out dinners I have ever had the pleasure of devouring.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Thanx to Fernando and Amory for great stay at Cheapu Anventure. The Kayaking at the dawn is real life time experience)

Reviewed 25 December 2012

My wife and I stayed at Chepu Adventures during the third week in December. Southern Chile is in the middle of one of the rainiest 10 day periods in recent history. All of the locals were shaking their heads at the unusual weather. At any other resort this type of weather could have cast a real dark spell on the scene. Not at Chepu Adventures. The owners Amory and Fernando were wonderful with making sure that ALL of their guests needs were attended to.We managed to get a couple of kayak trips up the river in during our stay, but a lot of our time was spent socializing with other " Eco" guests at the lodge. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and the dinners that Amory prepared were very good. The owners take care to make all of their guests feel at home and understand the history and the reality of living in a remote and fragile environment.
Even with the wet weather we had a great time ; I can only imagine how great it would have been in warm weather.

1  Thank JdogRossCa.
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We stayed two nights at Chepu Adventures and enjoyed every moment, including the kayak at dawn excursion. Armory and Fernando are gracious hosts and inspiring environmentalists - they are truly working to reduce ecological footprints and steward precious nature. I was stunned by the views - even our cabin had breathtaking view from the large windows. Excellent food. Comfortable, spotless room, we slept like logs! Eager to return!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We weren't up for kayaking at the crack of dawn, even though I'm sure it's mystically beautiful at that hour, so we rented kayaks for about an hour mid-morning. The river and dead forest were very peaceful. We saw a number of birds: egret, heron, kingfisher, and the bird with the long beak. The day before when we stopped to inquire about renting kayaks we'd seen also a flock of parrots.

We enjoyed talking to Fernando and his wife and were pleased with their professionalism and equipment. I told them that I'd wanted us to stay in one of their cabins, but their rule about no guests under 18 ruled that out for us. It worked out because we loved where we stayed up the street at Senderos de Chepu. It sounded like Fernando was going to change his policy to allow 16-year-olds and up accompanied by parents to stay in the future. We like to thing that his interaction with our son influenced his decision..

1  Thank funfamily_8