“Just go, you wont be sorry”
Review of Chepu Adventures

Chepu Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Chepu
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to our place, to enjoy a true sustainable eco stay, facing the Chepu River Wetlands. It is the perfect spot to experience & enjoy nature and our outdoor Low Impact Activities: Kayak & Trekking. Committed to preserve Nature we work with Wind and Solar Energy for our electricity and Sun for Hot showers. Enjoy silence, sounds of Nature, escorted by local mammals and birds. Insulated independent Eco Rooms for 2 and 3 people. Basic shared Dorms and a camping site for the backpackers that want to enjoy our area and also be mindful of the environment.
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Magical sunrise canoe trip :-) I don't even like boats/water that much and was very apprehensive about it all.
The huge Chilean rhubarbs on the water's edge are also quite something to behold.
What makes this experience so special is the whole sunken forest landscape, so you're surrounded by dead tree branches sticking up out of the water, that you can hardly see at first, as it grows lighter they start appearing through the mist ... Its definitely eery, ephemeral, changing, unique. on a windless day the water is a mirror , the quality thereof so clean ... saw quite a few birds including kingfisher. definitely for nature lovers.

The lodge: "true experience of sustainability" is spot on. I have a lot of respect for the owners and what they've achieved.

Only negative is that your fellow guests might be "green/eco" type snobs from wealthy first world countries trying to prove their greenness by visiting these kinds of spots. sad, I know.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This lodging provides a true experience of sustainability. We saw how much energy and water we used. Surprising when you don't measure it... Now we are educated to think about how much water & energy we waste. Hospitality was great from Fernando and Amory- great hosts; natural surroundings for kayaking and hiking were awesome. We give them 2 thumbs up for sure.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I heard of Chepu Adventures from The Travel Chica's blog and dawn kayaking in a remote part of the island seemed like too amazing of an adventure to pass up.

I showed up and immediately felt at peace. Here and in Puerto Natales, you can actually "hear" silence. I went for a walk upon Fernando's recommendation and had the pleasure of decompressing on a dock by the water and having some peace to think while wandering along the main road. I slept very well in my cabina, which was basic but very clean. I was thankful to find that the cabina was outfitted with electrical outlets.

The morning kayaking was out of this world. It was strange and yet, peaceful to paddle out in the darkness. Fernando made sure I was well-equipped with a walkie-talkie and warm, waterproof clothes. I was alone and though it was overcast that morning, it was still amazing to see the sunrise begin to light up the sky. As I paddled, I didn't get to see the otters but there were many, many birds and it was a joy to quietly observe them at their morning ablutions. Fernando had a great "itinerary" for the paddle with two observation stations for stopping to observe and reflect. I, unfortunately, did not wait long enough and ended up paddling out farther than I should have. He radioed me and kept tabs on me as I paddled back. Luckily for me, he is really a kind soul and only gently chastised me for not following directions!

Fernando and Amory were the best hosts. I came unprepared without a sleeping bag OR dinner and they were able to find a blanket to lend me and offer some pasta. Talking to them, I saw that they truly believe in living a low-impact lifestyle and Chepu Adventures was not about jumping on some eco-friendly bandwagon but was just an extension of their worldview. Thank you for the wonderful experience and I hope to return again, but a little more prepared this time!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I can't say enough about our experience at Chepu Adventures. Lovely, clean rooms, gorgeous scenery and wildlife and peace and quiet. I was lucky enough to spot a Pudu while reading in my cabana! The sunrise kayak trip is simply inspirational. The amount of stars visible that early in the morning, and with nearly zero light pollution, is almost overwhelming - don't forget to look up! Fernando and Amory, our gracious hosts and owners of Chepu Adventures are armed with fantastic stories and Amory prepares some of the most beautiful, thought out dinners I have ever had the pleasure of devouring.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Thanx to Fernando and Amory for great stay at Cheapu Anventure. The Kayaking at the dawn is real life time experience)