All reviews the pub coronation chicken old style pub traditional sunday lunch food chosen a wonderful nights stay stay again when in the area attending a wedding nearby staff were friendly helpful complimentary tea plenty of car parking space puds homemade pies filter coffee staff went out of their way mash a great place to stay
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I stayed for two nights on a business trip. The room was small, but clean and perfectly adequate. A nice touch was the cafetière and fresh coffee as well as the usual tea bags. Shower was powerful, although one of those that you have to stand under as you turn it on, hoping you can get the temperature right quickly. The pub served decent food, with generous portions.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Will not hesitate to book again, great service from check-in throughout the rest of stay .
Food was great, friendly atmosphere in bar from all staff and rooms are great.... Nice comfy beds!!!

Far better service than you get from the larger hotel/accommodation chains .., A+..,.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

I arrived from the US (Seattle) on October 4th. My girlfriend (who lives in the area) booked our stay based on a friend's recommendation. We stayed for 4 nights before doing some traveling then returned for another two nights several days later. We were a little confused about the wifi, but Alex clarified that the pub wifi was different from wifi in our room. Also, Vodafone coverage isn't reliable there (not the fault of Jolly Drover).
Our room was very nice and clean. Especially liked the shower. The only suggestion is to add another place to hang bath towels and hand towels (for two people).
Excellent food in the restaurant/pub (especially the full English breakfast) and staff made us feel very welcome and at home. We plan to return next time I return to England!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Coeish, Manager at The Jolly Drover, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

It was a pleasure having you both here.
We all look forward to you return next year.
Good luck with the rest of your trips.

Many Thanks
The Jolly Drover Team
Ps Remind me to show you were the heated towel rail is for you next visit ;-)

Reviewed 10 October 2016

The accommodation is very clean and tidy very spacious with all the necessary attachments with the room. It is ideally situated for walking or just relaxing. the meals in the pub are really good and what makes things even more welcoming is that the staff go out of there way to help make your stay even better, if you like a drink there are plenty guest beers to choose from. Even the locals who frequent the establishment will also engage in good humor banter so you don't feel left out, I for one had a really good time and it was down to the staff and locals for making me feel so welcome.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We booked at the Jolly Drover to go to a friend's wedding locally. The room for the 2 night stay was more than we would normally pay but the reviews were so good and other local place's reviews were less good so we thought "what-the-heck!"
The room was clean and tidy (and I'm a fusspot!).. there were a couple of little things that the management could have attended to like a wonky magnifying mirror and a tap and a towel holder where the chrome had come off and it just made me think that things like that should be dealt with and not just left.... BUT picky-picky-woman could not have been more happy with the visit as a whole and THE best thing was the staff...... they made the whole stay WONDERFUL... from greeting when we arrived to the very chatty helpful staff the GREAT food cooked by the kitchen team, the way our room was serviced...... a slightly rusty towel holder paled into insignificance!
Emma, the Manager was absolutely brilliant... really bubbly and never stopped!.. hard working and really good at her job and she obviously infects the rest of her staff with her enthusiasm. I have NEVER had such a great welcome at ANY establishment as I did from her and the team. Our evening meals were cooked to perfection and they were really happy to put together any combination of the fresh, home-cooked produce to make your meal just the way you like it.... the same for breakfast too.. the full English was excellent with homemade marmalade and jam to put on your toast too!
I cannot rate this place highly enough for the experience we had and that was all down to the brilliant staff...so, whoever owns the place.... fix your little bits that get damaged and don't leave them but hold on to that staff team because they are worth their weight in gold!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Coeish, Manager at The Jolly Drover, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Hi Val

Thank you for your extra lovely review.
It was a pleasure to meet you both and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us all.
Thank you also for the advise on the bits that need to replace they are on the top of my list to sort tomorrow morning.
If you do decide to have a week end getaway I hope you would consider us first , It would be lovely to see you both again.
All the best
Ema and The Jolly Drover team.