All reviewsthe pubmorning and eveningcomfortable place to stayattending a wedding nearbybreakfast selectionspecials boardreal alesunday roastfollowing morningcar parkcomfortable roomfamily weddingovernight stopmain roadfull englishshort stayaccommodation
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It was just for one night but the place was very clean and the pub style dinner-excellent! Slept on a very comfy mattress despite that fact that it was very hot! Woke up to tea/coffee making facilities, a nice shower and an excellent breakfast before starting our day. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Also, a nice garden available.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back because of the busy road - unless you sleep like a log (Surrey).
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank knightels2n
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This is a very good B and B,
They are friendly without being over the top.Everything you need is supplied or immediately available.
Very clean and well furnished.
The whole place has been upgraded.
Breakfast was good although scrambled egg lessons might be an idea !
Really pleasant stay .
Would stay again and recommend to others.
It's not pretentious , it's just friendly, clean and very good value
I hope they make a great success of it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 600Jan
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were playing golf at Liphook, Hindhead and Hankley Common and wanted somewhere nearby to sleep. The Trip Advisor reports were very good for this pub so we opted for it. The room was great (Cornwall) with everything you could want and we managed to get a mid-week rate of £60 p.n. On the first night we arrived late (8:00pm) so opted to eat in. The head chef was on a day off and the food we were served was very mediocre. The battered Thai prawns to start were nothing like anything we had experienced before - the batter being anything but fresh. Looked like they were out of a packet and micro-waved! All four of us opted for the moussaka but they only had two portions. The other two decided to then go for the lamb but they only had one portion so it was madras curry by default for the final choice. I had the moussaka as it is one of my favourite dishes, but what a dissapointment. The aubergines were like leather and the lamb very chewy. It is supposed to be packed with herbs and topped with two types of cheese but both seemed to be in short supply. The lamb dish was not great and the curry very ordinary. Maybe the chef on the night was new but it tainted what would otherwise have been an excellent place to stay

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good, clean and quiet. We stayed in Cornwall
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I occasionally pop into the Flying Bull for a pot of tea. I have seen landlords come and go but I really do hope that the current management stay. They were hosting a local fundraising event and there was a happy crowd in the garden. There was a BBQ running and a BBQ is something that usually makes my heart sink but this one was out of this world. Gorgeous, huge, old fashioned burgers that were so meaty and succulent that I just had to forget my expanding waistline and have a second one. Seeming they buy their meat from a local butcher and it shows. The staff were friendly and helpful, the BBQ setup was spotlessly clean and the support being given to a local charity was genuinely heartwarming. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants delicious food and a warm welcome.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jayne c
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Great place to stay followed by a great breakfast. We stayed there on the 3rd May in the Devonshire room it following a family wedding in the Tithe Barn nearby. The room was lovely clean tidy and very comfortable bed for a good night sleep. We had a group of ten people staying at the hotel and not one of us had a bad thing to say about the place.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area and I would happily stay there again. Give this place a go over the premier inn which is very close to the A3 make that effort and drive ten minutes further.

Thank you to everyone at The Flying Bull for making a great weekend even better.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family