“A very pleasant stay. And dog friendly.”

The Flying Bull Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Liss B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Chalet room off of carpark- suited us as the dog was with is. Theres a larfe fiekd at the back and a noce walk along a country lane by the side of the pub, so very good for the dog. Good range of drinks. Food quite good- very decent pub food. Very, very good breakfast. Very nice staff. My only gripe is that the radiator in the bathroom didn't work. I had a decent night's sleep there- unusual for me when I'm travelling.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Rabbitmomma

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at The Flying Bull Inn in Sept 13. The room was very well presented and extremely clean. I went into the pub for a quick beer, staff and customers seemed friendly enough. Would recommend - nice location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank ChrisBGW
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We chose this hotel/pub from Internet because of the good reviews on trip advisor etc. My husband and I were attending a wedding in Liphook (about 15mns by car away). We arrived at Liss train station and as there was no taxi there a Liss resident very kindly offered to drive us to Flying bull. Our room was very large and very clean. Room had tea making facilities. Good selection on menu. We had dinner there and food was very good . Great selection for breakfast . Beautiful Forrest walks in the area. Only drawback is if you do not have your car Taxis are very scarce and quite expensive. Allow 15-20 mns wait for taxi.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neverwells
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed here one night on business in July 2013.

Arrived quite late due to being held up in London for various reasons, and the nice man who greeted me very kindly let me order from the menu even though it was very late. He then took my things to my room for me.

I chose the chicken and chorizo penne from the menu, and the food was of an excellent standard.

The room I stayed in was 'Dorset' and I can honestly say that as someone who does a fair amount of travelling throughout the UK and staying in hotels due to work, this is definitely one of the nicest rooms I have ever had. It was spotlessly clean, there wasn't a mark on anything. I felt like I was the first person to have ever stayed in it.

I really loved the Flying Bull, it's an absolutely charming place, and I would love to stay again when in the area! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ISawAnAngel
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It was just for one night but the place was very clean and the pub style dinner-excellent! Slept on a very comfy mattress despite that fact that it was very hot! Woke up to tea/coffee making facilities, a nice shower and an excellent breakfast before starting our day. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Also, a nice garden available.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back because of the busy road - unless you sleep like a log (Surrey).
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank knightels2n
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This is a very good B and B,
They are friendly without being over the top.Everything you need is supplied or immediately available.
Very clean and well furnished.
The whole place has been upgraded.
Breakfast was good although scrambled egg lessons might be an idea !
Really pleasant stay .
Would stay again and recommend to others.
It's not pretentious , it's just friendly, clean and very good value
I hope they make a great success of it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 600Jan
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were playing golf at Liphook, Hindhead and Hankley Common and wanted somewhere nearby to sleep. The Trip Advisor reports were very good for this pub so we opted for it. The room was great (Cornwall) with everything you could want and we managed to get a mid-week rate of £60 p.n. On the first night we arrived late (8:00pm) so opted to eat in. The head chef was on a day off and the food we were served was very mediocre. The battered Thai prawns to start were nothing like anything we had experienced before - the batter being anything but fresh. Looked like they were out of a packet and micro-waved! All four of us opted for the moussaka but they only had two portions. The other two decided to then go for the lamb but they only had one portion so it was madras curry by default for the final choice. I had the moussaka as it is one of my favourite dishes, but what a dissapointment. The aubergines were like leather and the lamb very chewy. It is supposed to be packed with herbs and topped with two types of cheese but both seemed to be in short supply. The lamb dish was not great and the curry very ordinary. Maybe the chef on the night was new but it tainted what would otherwise have been an excellent place to stay

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good, clean and quiet. We stayed in Cornwall