“Good food and some of the best real ales”
Review of Jolly Drover

Jolly Drover
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Liss
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We ate here on 3 October 2013. This is a good example of typical pub/restaurant. The beers are good, and there is good selection of real ales. The menu is has normal pub food, and a good selection of interesting food too - enough choice that even fussy eaters will have several options. Huge open fire and some comfy seats. I love this place and will definitely be going back. Not too expensive either.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is the first time we have visited the Jolly Drover for quite a few years as last time we came we weren't impressed with the standard of food. Things haven't changed, we arrived to be told that the menus were up on the blackboards, which I annoys me as it doesn't allow one to sit down at your table with a drink & to give you time to study the menu.
My starter of Camembert was two very small mini rounds with a very hard crispy skins, my main of turkey & bacon pie which didn't have much flavour, the veg was very under cooked, for the dessert I had steamed apple sponge & custard which wasn't the best I've tasted. Both the pie & the sponge were cut from a larger pie or sponge & therefore they weren't individual. Even the people we were with said that they thought it was expensive for what we had. I would not recommend this pub for it's food.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My partner and I visited the jolly drover for supper one evening after work.

I had been recommended to visit by some relatives and I was not disappointed. The staff were friendly and it was nice to find a pub that sold traditional 'pub grub' it wasn't fancy in anyway. Nice traditional feel with a big fire and couches and the food was lovely.

Will be going back for the 'sweet meet' in December.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I would recommend this pub to anyone who enjoys good pub food, the service is excellent and you can sit outside if you wish. Good value for money also...

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Nice staff.
Lovely feel to the place.
Delicious food.
Definitely worth a visit.

I do wish they served food slightly earlier as they don't start until 7.