“Very Disappointed”

Jolly Drover
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Liss
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Having heard very positive things about the food here, we decided to give it a shot last night. Once we were seated however, we were left waiting until about 15 minutes later, when we were asked if we wanted any drinks by the pub landlord, who was actually very pleasant.

Despite the place not being very busy and waitresses moving around, we were completely ignored, and despite making efforts to show we were ready to order, we decided after 25 minutes that enough was enough and settled the bill for the drinks and left, and ate at the Seven Stars just outside Petersfield instead (very highly recommended).

It has left a very bitter taste in my mouth, and I don't think I will be risking trying the place out again.

1 Thank Dave E

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Good meal, nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had a dinner there as a solo traveller. The staff were very attentive and friendly.
I had a vegetarian roast with vegetables and it was very good, not greasy and light.
Good ale as well. Reasonably priced.
I liked it!

• Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
“Good wholesome grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had a meal for 6 ordered from the board. Tasty, Hot and plenty of it! Good wine selection and nice beers. Very helpful staff and a very friendly bar. My Grampa was over here in WW2 and now I Know why he said that American bars had a lot to learn.

• Visited January 2014
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Good food and some of the best real ales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We ate here on 3 October 2013. This is a good example of typical pub/restaurant. The beers are good, and there is good selection of real ales. The menu is has normal pub food, and a good selection of interesting food too - enough choice that even fussy eaters will have several options. Huge open fire and some comfy seats. I love this place and will definitely be going back. Not too expensive either.

Cowplain
“Typical Pub Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is the first time we have visited the Jolly Drover for quite a few years as last time we came we weren't impressed with the standard of food. Things haven't changed, we arrived to be told that the menus were up on the blackboards, which I annoys me as it doesn't allow one to sit down at your table with a drink & to give you time to study the menu.
My starter of Camembert was two very small mini rounds with a very hard crispy skins, my main of turkey & bacon pie which didn't have much flavour, the veg was very under cooked, for the dessert I had steamed apple sponge & custard which wasn't the best I've tasted. Both the pie & the sponge were cut from a larger pie or sponge & therefore they weren't individual. Even the people we were with said that they thought it was expensive for what we had. I would not recommend this pub for it's food.