“HUGE FRAUD!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Santa Gertrudis
Madrid, Spain
“HUGE FRAUD!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I contacted trip advisor's customer service before writing this review since I never made it to the hotel actually. But they said that I can go ahead and write the review in order to help fellow travelers.
I contacted the owner of this hotel, by phone, on a wednesday evening, after reading the reviews on trip advisor. I made a reservation and at the time, he told me that normally he would ask for a deposit but since our arrival date would be 9 days later, he just needed a credit card number. So I gave him the credit card number, and 5 minutes later he sent me an email, telling me that he had charged 30% of our stay, and informing me about car rentals and how to reach the hotel. Nowhere was his cancellation policy written or mentioned as it usually is when a reservation confirmation is sent to a customer.
Less than 40 hours later, on friday afternoon, I called him and told him that we wouldn't go finally, and asked me to refund me the deposit. He accepted to refund me. But then he sent me an email and said that he talked with his wife and that the cancellation policy, listed on their website states that for cancellation in less than 21 days the deposit would be withhold!
I told him that I didn't make the reservation in a time frame longer than 21 days and that anyway I didn't make the reservation through his website and I didn't know this policy. Additionally, he never informed me verbally or written about this policy at the time of reservation. He started quoting the policy only after I called him to cancel!
I have kept all the written communication between us that proves what I am saying and I also asked my lawyer to send him a letter telling him that what he is doing is unethical and unprofessional. But he still refuses to refund me.
I read all the trip advisor reviews about this place but honestly the way this man behaved doesn't reflect what is written.
Beware, do not give your credit card number unless you are absolutely sure you are going. Otherwise you risk to lose a lot of money. And be treated in an appalling way.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank alkimadrid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Kirribilli, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My fiancée and I spent three nights at Can Sastre in the middle of June, and we loved every minute we were there.

John and Michi are the friendliest and most helpful hosts you could ask for. And their affectionate dogs, Spirit and Blue, really make the place feel like home.

Our room was clean and very comfortable; cool during the day and warm at night, thanks to the classic Spanish style construction. And, oh my god, the bath towels smell AMAZING. When we asked Michi what she uses to wash them to get them smelling so nice, she said there's no secret, they just hang dry on a clothesline in the Ibizan sun and air.

In addition to having a very comprehensive bar (a glass of Cava was never far from hand), if you decide to eat dinner at 'home', you're in for a treat. Michi's whole sea bass was delicious, as was each morning's offering of classic Spanish meats, cheeses, toasts, and fruit.

The bottom line: If you're looking for romantic boutique accommodation in Ibiza, you should absolutely stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the adorable Casita Suite at Can Sastre for 3 nights at the end of May. After a short drive from the airport we were immediately able to chill and make the most of our short break, with wonderful hosts John and Michi available to meet our every need - they even greeted us with a glass of Cava!

Can Sastre was the perfect location to relax away from the hustle and bustle, yet it was only a short drive from some wonderful restaurants, beaches and the old town. John and Michi were able to provide recommendations of where to go and what to see, so we had some great meals out as well as the delicious food provided by Michi. We would definitely recommend Can Sastre, we'll certainly be visiting again soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna M
London
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The only downside about staying here is eventually having to leave. John and Michi are extraordinary hosts and have a remarkable talent for making you feel at home, welcomed and relaxed.

We were only able to stay for three days, but throughout our time there while we were the only guests we have the run of the place to ourselves.

The gardens orange orchards and poolside bar are an absolute delight; the breakfasts, reason alone to get out of bed, and while it is in the tranquil rural inland, it's not at all far to anywhere...

Ibiza is not a big island, so we were able to get pretty much everywhere within 15 or 20 minutes, and were able to take advantage of some very good recommendations from our hosts.

A hidden gem.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jakers2
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a great 4 days at Can Sastre in April. John and Michi were perfect hosts, the weather was great and Ibiza was fantastic, even without the usual thousands of tourists.

Definitely recommend Can Sastre. We love everything about it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arg001
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Within 10 minutes of arriving my girlfriend and I found ourselves feeling super relaxed by the pool bar enjoying a glass of Cava in the company of the owners, John and Michi. An evening of exquisite food and interesting conversation followed.

Can Sastre is a beautiful oasis in a superb location to be able to enjoy all that magical island of Ibiza has to offer. We were helped by John and Michi with great recommendations on where to go and what to see.

We stayed in the Court Yard 'Superior' suite, perfect as a romantic treat - so peaceful we slept incredibly well.

Fabulous food, beautiful rooms and wonderful company in a unique environment - we tell our friends... 'You must visit Can Sastre!!'.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RunningEngineer
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We spent four wonderful nights at Can Sastre. John and Michi are fabulous hosts and were there to meet our every need. The property is beautiful and in a central location. We were there as a family with our two young daughters who loved the pool as well as the two dogs. John and Michi were absolutely fantastic with our girls, so kind and patient and happy to share their dogs with our dog-loving girls. We had a two bedroom room that worked perfectly for us and we would certainly stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in Santa Gertrudis
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#6 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Can Sastre? Share your experiences!