“Super spot - lovely walks, nearby town is great.”

Camping La Riviere d'Argent
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huelgoat
Camping La Riviere d'Argent
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Super spot - lovely walks, nearby town is great.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a lovely spot this campsite is in. It is nestled in the hills near Huelgoat, near a river. The campsite is clearly undergoing a bit of renovation (I think there is a large patio/deck being built) but the loos and showers have recently had a significant upgrade and are really good quality compared to other campsites we have stayed on in Brittany. The bar is a bit scruffy but I suspect this is the focus of future upgrade plans. The bar/reception also has a small selection of groceries but these were quite limited. If you are touring on a bike, it pays to be well organised about groceries as the nearest supermarket is about 5k away, and 3k of that is uphill!! I notice that another recent review says that the owner was nervous about a large group. We were staying at the same time as that large group (we were opposite them) and they behaved wonderfully. The owner was nice to us, but we were only three adults and one child! My daughter loved the pool and my friend and I had a super 10k run on the many forest paths that lace through the surrounding hills. There are lots of interesting trails and historical sites just a few minutes walk from the campsite. The whole area reminds me of parts of Scotland. Huelgoat is a lovely town too. We had a look at the municipal campsite in the town but it seemed rather soulless and spartan compared to la Riviere d'Argent. Overall this is a really splendid campsite in an area to which I would like to return.

Room Tip: It's not a hotel. It's a campsite!
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank OutAndAbout40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I brought a well behaved group of school children here in the middle of our tour of Brittany by bike. The owner was clearly very nervous of having a group, but his attitude was rude and he was keen for my colleague to know he had lots of rules, even before the group had arrived.

Here's the thing: if you don't like children don't run a campsite; if you don't like groups of children don't take the booking. Don't accuse us of leaving rubbish where we didn't leave it and don't expect people to not use a particular shower where there are no notices to the contrary! Other campsites we used were wonderfully welcoming and praised our group for their behaviour and manners. This owner judged before we got there.

The campsite was perfectly lovely, with good, clean facilities, grassy, shady pitches and a beautiful location near Huelgoat. I'd say it would be a great campsite for a couple, but I'd be nervous about taking my family there and won't bring a group again, just because we didn't feel welcome at all. We were all glad to leave in the morning, stop in Huelgoat and ride on up to Morlaix.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Roger A
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Great campsite, the perfect location for peace, quiet and getting closer to nature, nestled in the trees alongside the river. Lovely to hear the owls foxes and other wildlife at night. Very good and clean facilities. Campsite owner was very helpful and friendly without ever being in your face. We WILL come back. Fantastic 10/10 A+++++

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian Jenny P
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

It was our first campsite in France on our recent 2 week trip Through France in our old vw camper. On arrival it was exactly what I expected from a French campsite. Lots of colourful flowers, slightly overgrown shrubs and lots of shade which gave it a lovely rustic feel. The owner spoke little English but we managed with my little French and he was friendly enough. A small stream runs next to it which added to the charm. There is a small swimming pool and a large trampoline for the children which was enough to keep ours happy! The facilities were quite modern, with lovely free hot showers etc. A lovely site I would love to go back to. The area was also very pretty would have loved to stay and explore more. The only negative was a very loud singer in the bar until quite late. He was good and very popular with the other campers, but we were tired and it was loud!! This was a Friday night though so maybe it didn't happen every night!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Fifizzz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huelgoat
Hotel du Lac
Chambres d'Hotes Bro ar Raden
Manoir de Kerledan
Manoir de Kerledan
#1 of 2 in Carhaix-Plouguer

Been to Camping La Riviere d'Argent? Share your experiences!