“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alla Fontaniva

Alla Fontaniva
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Polcenigo
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carlsbad, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Absolutely delicious! Pear saccotini is amazing, actually everything was great.
We were a group of five, three adults and two children (3 and 6). The service was
excellent. Second time I have been there...can't wait to go back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great food and even better atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

There is no menu, you get what they make, and you will NOT be disappointed!! We had 4 in our group and ate outside in the terrace. My son was able to play in the large yard with the playground and check out the ducks. He loved it! I ordered the eggplant parm and it was the best I have EVER had!! The service was excellent and the staff very patient with the language barrier.

• Visited July 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We recently ate here and loved it! Not only was the food delicious (I ordered a second pear saccotini as we all loved it), but the kids love the playground and large grassy area to play in. The adults enjoyed an outdoor meal close enough to the kids. We love that the food is fresh, there is no menu, and the variety is decent. Will definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013
Venice, Italy
“Good Food in a Relaxing Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

I recently had lunch with a rather large group of colleagues at Trattoria Alla Fontaniva . This marks my first visit to Alla Fontaniva having lived in the area for the past 10 years. The springtime weather finally decided to show its face so our group ate outdoors, under the very large covered terrace. The terrace opens up to huge, nicely landscaped garden were there were also park type features (swing sets, slides and jungle gym) for kids. I took a look around the indoor dining room that was nicely decorated and seemed to be quite cozy.

Since we were a large group, the fixed menu was pre-established. I didn't have a chance to review Alla Fontaniva's menu; however I was quite pleased with quality of the food brought to our table. Service was remarkably attentive and kind, being always on top of things.

After a welcome aperitif, we started in on the antipasto course that was comprised of a mixed cured meats (prosciutto, salami, and pancetta) platter. There were also the most wonderful Arancini di Riso (fried rice balls) and a dish of stuffed chili peppers with an anchovy/tuna filling.

The pasta course was comprised of two recipes; one being small stuffed pasta in the form of little draw-string bags filled with ricotta cheese and pears, tossed in melted butter. This was not so good for the waistline; however, excellent on the palate. The second dish was a squash (possible pumpkin) risotto that was very tasty. The servers made another round of the table offering more pasta and risotto for those who wanted seconds.

The main entree was a mixed grilled meat platter comprised of beef, chicken, veal cutlets and sausage. The meat was actually unremarkable in flavor, but I was already filling up from the antipasti and pasta courses. Side dishes were a pleasant mixed green salad, grilled zucchini & eggplant and French fried potatoes.

There were several tempting, homemade desserts to choose from; however, I enjoyed a bowl of fresh strawberries. After this, cafe's and after dinner liquors were served. The price for this fixed menu meal was quite reasonable at 29.00 euro per person. Wine and water was included in this price.

I look forward to returning to Alla Fontaniva for a leisurely dinner with my wife. Do keep in mind that the restaurant is closed on Mondays & Tuesdays. Reservations are recommended.

• Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“The Americans come for I Sacchettini”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

My wife and I were visiting Italy after living in the area from 2005-2008. I had not returned to Italy since. Some colleagues of my wife wanted to meet with her and have dinner. They chose alla Fontaniva. While this would probably not have been my first choice of restaurant for a four day trip to the countryside of Italy, I had been here before, knew the quality, so didn't complain.

I ordered pasticchio (lasagne) with radicchio for my pasta and horse filet for my entree. Both were cooked to perfection. My wife ordered the sacchettini for her pasta and a fish dish for her entree. The sacchettini is an item that is often not on the menu, but seems to always be prepared upon request. My wife's entree order was not served. When asked about the order, we received a profuse apology and was offered the fish or another item to be prepared. My wife is pretty easy going in these situations, asked that nothing more be prepared as room was "needed" for coffee and dessert. The server seemed genuinely upset over the mishap, but we just chalked it up to one of those situations that happen from time to time. I called it quits after a few glasses of wine, a doppio, and some panna cotta.

I always love paying the bill at alla Fontaniva because the staff is very friendly upon exit and seems genuinely thankful that they were able to serve you. The hit of a disgestivo offered on the way out never hurts either.

The service and food quality doesn't seems to have changed much over the four years, which I appreciate. This is still a restaurant that hasn't been "overrun" by Americans, and still boasts a healthy Italian clientele. I prefer to visit in the summer for the outdoor dining and the nice field for kids to play in before and after dining. Expect to pay about €25-€30 per adult if you partake in wine, pasta, entree, coffee & dessert. If you're in the Aviano AB area, this is one to put on the to-do list.

• Visited November 2012