See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I would NOT return here ever!
We turned up at 1'oclock and was told we have to wait another hour, although check in was noon.
On arrival in the room, the room was dark, cold and dirty. We was not happy with the room, so went and spoke to the manager who spoke little english. He said he might be able to move us in the morning to a room upstairs as we was not happy with the room. He could not quite understand what was wrong with the room, although we tried telling him all the bits we had found not right. The boiler in our room had no cover on it so does not follow the EU regulations. There was no co2 alarm in the room so if there was a leak we would not survive! No fire alarm also, and when I questioned this, our reply was 'you should not be smoking in the room' this was not the case! and anything can catch fire!
We went out that evening and returned late, on return some men was sitting at the table of the restaurant that is attached to the villa - this is open to the public and we found it intimidating having to walk past these drunk men talking in another language about us and staring. From the photos of the villa there is a bush that separates we would not be overlooked including the pool.
Next morning we had reviewed our check from an email recieved via Expedia - as we walked to look at what breakfast had to offer, we was shocked, there was nothing like the photos there was 3 types of cereal, some bread and fruit that was it! Maybe because the hotel was not fully booked he did not offer much for us? We are not sure, as we did not have chance to even have breakfast before the owner called us away from the seating area to discuss why we was not happy. He was cross and was raising his voice at us. He took us to his office to show us the review he had received and said we had not spoken to him otherwise he would of sorted it - however we did as soon as we arrived and he was not willing to help. He became very aggressive (which we caught on video) he told us to leave, and if we come to italy we need to speak his language and not english. He started swearing at us and using gestures at us which was very inappropriate.
He made us feel very unsafe and threatened. Within half an hour we left the hotel and had to look for other accommodation which is not acceptable when you pay that price for a hotel and end up having to do this.
We felt we had to leave after the owner shouting and being abusive towards us he told us to leave his villa and never return - so we did not feel safe sleeping there or leaving our things in our room whilst we was out. This was such a shame, as the photos for this hotel look ok - and I had noticed on expedia the 4 star, i can advise you i do not feel this villa is a 4 star, i would rate this a 1star, there was no choice for breakfast, dirty room, room very outdated, few sunbeds to accommodate all visitors, no change of bed linen, tv very small and did not work at first, mould in the shower tiles.

Overall it was a very very poor experience we received from this hotel, and we will NEVER be returning and I will not recommend this place to anyone, far from it I will advise people not to go here - and show them photos we took.

The owner was not willing to accommodate us or even listen to our issues- he started saying he did not understand us.

Be very careful when booking, we found somewhere so nice after we left this awful place and it was cheaper than we had paid for this place. it had 4 rooms, pool shared between all, lots of sunbeds, closer to town and a very accommodating and welcoming owner. so pleased we left there and did not let him ruin our holiday. He was not a nice man

STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Nicer hotels closer to the lake cheaper price than this villa. This is not a pleasant place to stay
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My family came twice to this place. They have in this place swimming pool, restaurant, good breakfast and the prices are excellent for what you get. Roberto, the manager is helping you to find good prices for traveling in any place you need. He is very polite, giving you excellent service and the restaurant has Italian food with good prices and quality. I will come back to him and I recommend all my friends for this place.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this small and lovely place - our room was very big with high ceiling and open view to the fields, very clean and most everything seemed brand new and very well kept. The bathroom was also very big. The owner speaks English and many other languages and is very nice. Breakfast was included, was OK and there is a small pool.
Great vibe and excellent value for money.
Thank you!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in a family room which had a large double bed and bunk beds.

A family run hotel the villa camporosso was a great base for exploring Bardolino, Lazise and the surrounding area. The small hotel is in a quiet area and you really need a car.

The hotel also has the benefit of an outdoor pool with about 8 sun loungers.

The room was fairly basic but comfortable and very clean. I would definitely recommend for a great base to explore Lake Garda if you have a car.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank leedsbear
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I am really happy to share my experience in villa Camporosso. THe owner is a wonderful person and extremely kind. The location is close to a lot of interesting places: Gardaland to have fun, Lazise town to spend beautiful moments in a small ancient town on Garda Lake shores and the natural spa lake Villa conte dei cedri to relax till late night.
I was guest there with some friends and I really felt at home! If you want to visit Gardaland funpark, you can also buy the tickets directly in the hotel. Rooms are large and clean. We stayed in a nice apartment for 4 people and all was really great! Tere is also a swimming pool but unfortunately we had not chance to swim because we had really little time to spend there. Location of the hotel is really quite with view on the greens around and it's perfect for small groups of friends, families and couples. I don't give full feedback only for the pressure of water in the shower, that was good but not really strong. Recommended!!!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends