“Lovely rooms and great pub food”
Review of The Kilpeck Inn

and 1 more site!
The Kilpeck Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kilpeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed for one night at the Kilpeck Inn as a romantic break. We booked the Monnow room which was lovely: a huge bed, lovely bathroom, and lovely clean decor. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and had a very nice three course meal. There was a good range of food on offer at very reasonable prices. Great range of drinks too. All in all, a lovely break. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Kilpeck Inn

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here overnight as a treat for my mums birthday. The rooms were lovely, clean and very comfortable. The meal was good and they had some good beers. Unfortunately our stay was a bit of a disappointment. It felt like there was no front of house. We weren't greeted with a warm welcome when we arrived or when we went down for dinner. After sitting in the restaurant for a while waiting for service such as a drink and the menu, we had to go up to the bar to remind the staff we were there. Overall the place was great and the food was good but the overall experience was a let down as we were not made to feel very welcome. Due to this, we won't be booking again.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank shrewsbury186368
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I can't blow my own trumpet, as I do not own one. If I did then I doubt I would blow it as the team at The Kilpeck are efficient enough to have achieved this five star amendment all by themselves - HOWEVER - My only criticism last time I visited was that the boss had to do too much work himself and couldn't spend enough time with the customers. This visit, there is a very capable chap called Luke attending the patrons, whilst the landlord can address the important issue of bar maintenance (me) and customer satisfaction.

As a post script I must add that I had the steak served on a wooden board with coleslaw and chips. It was simply excellent and I couldn't detect any germs at all.....not that I would care if there were a few kicking about as a good immune system is a definite benefit in these times of global warming.

I admit that I could have eaten more at the end of the main course, but rather than whinge about the fact, I simply had the cheese board. Hey presto.........a full tummy. The cheeses were at a perfect temperature and generous in amount.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Visited the Kilpeck as we were staying in the area and it was our wedding anniversary. We found it by chance and it looked stunning...I had a glass of wine, which after I started to drink it noticed lipstick on the rim of the glass.......We both decided on the Sirloin steak. It was served on a wooden chopping board which didnt look too clean, and was full of knife cuts from previous diners which harbour germs? There was a small basket of chips and a small bowl of beetroot and horseradish coleslaw....We asked for mushrooms as an extra but we were told they didnt have any suitable. We did get a portion of onion rings. Our steaks were chewy and not good at all. The portions were minimal and we were both still hungry when we left......We didnt have a pudding as although we arent tight with money we thought £5.95 for three scoops of icecream very expensive to mention just one.. We went back to our accommodation and had cheese and biscuits...We did not feel that this was good value for money, but the service was good and surroundings lovely..... Nice place to pop in for a quiet drink but would not attempt anything from the menu again......

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SomersetMolly
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

What can we say? Luxurious bathroom, and very comfortable bed in a nicely decorated bedroom. Spotlessly clean. Delicious meal in the restaurant although a little on the pricey side. Nothing negative to say. Will return as soon as we can. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here with my husband at the end of august for one night. The inn was in a lovely village very peaceful. The rooms were large and modern with all the little extras you would expect for a short break. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent (only place we have ever found to cook a steak as ordered!!!) Breakfast was equally as good with plenty to fill the hungry traveller. The customer service was exceptional from all the staff nothing was too much trouble. Only 1 negative unfortunately the dust mentioned by a previous traveller is still there..... such a shame when everything else was so perfect. Despite this I would highly recommend for anyone to go and visit the Kilpeck Inn.

Room Tip: The Monnow room was lovely and spacious and a fantastic view over the rolling countryside
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I searched and searched for a hotel near but not in Hereford and whilst not normally an "inn" or "pub" person, the ratings on this hotel persuaded me to give it a shot and so glad I did! Great hosts, lovely building, fabulous room (there are only four so you feel kind of special) and the food was first class.

The bedroom was well appointed with comfortable bed, excellent (and large) bathroom, and all the "extras" you would want for an overnight stay.

Would I recommend this hotel to others, yes I would. Would I recommend it to family and friends, again the answer would be positive in fact after this trip on business I would like to have a weekend away to enjoy the hotel again but also to see what the local countryside has to offer.

Thoroughly recommended!

Room Tip: The are only four rooms and the peace of the countryside straight out of your window would make stat...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilpeck
The Pilgrim Hotel
#1 of 12 in Ross-on-Wye
Howton Grove House
Howton Grove House
#22 of 36 in Hereford

Been to The Kilpeck Inn? Share your experiences!