All reviews recommended wine wine list great wine freshly squeezed orange juice route des grands crus dog bed complimentary water in the room one night separate toilet boutique hotel small hotel south of france lovely hotel next morning sommelier shower stop
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We were visiting with our friend Nicolas, a wine expert and tour guide. Perfect spot for lunch on the terrace, fabulous fresh food and great wine. Excellent service as he knows the Sommelier. The interior of the restaurant looked delightful, and the amenities were superb.

Room tip: We only ate lunch in the restaurant, however everything was lovely.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We picked the hotel as we were driving down to Nice from the UK, so a bit of a halfway house. Obviously only one night, and to be honest I think the maximum number of nights I could stay here for would be two.

So, the hotel looks very nice, all nicely decorated etc, room was plenty big enough, separate toilet to the bathroom but the downside of the room...no bin in the room, only in the bathroom(small thing but easily fixable), no complimentary water in the room, and unfortunately the room we stayed in the shower fixing was broken and hanging off the wall, also water ends up everywhere as the room/space to shower is a bit silly, plus the tissue box literally had one tissue in it...

The food, we dined in the restaurant and the food was lovely, but the menu is very limited, hence my comment about only being able to stay for two nights max. Oh and the breakfast, really really not worth the €30 odd euros - don’t do it!

In summary, it did the job, it could be improved though...

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed there over night on the way back from holidays. The building is nicely renovated, , the ground floor is superb. Unfortunately the rooms upstairs and corridor are all done with plastic wallpaper which smells and creates an unpleasant atmosphere. The restaurant is ok, the stuff not over friendly but service ok. We tried the recommended wine at 14 € a glass, and is was really not worth the expense. Overall the wine and food was too expensive. The meal was ok, portions a little small. I could not enjoy my lamb, because, what I thought to be a dark tomato, in the dimm light of the restaurant, turned out to be a bloody, i mean almost rough, kidney! Just then the waitress asked me to taste the wine, so, instead of following my first impulse to spit it out I swallowed it. As a result i had that awful disgusting taste in my mouth until next morning. Yes, not even the desert i had, helped me to get rid of the taste, nor did the wine... i fell disgusted and unwell all night, never ever I wanted to eat such a thing. What an idea to smuggle this onto someones plate without information. I add a picture of my meal, see for your self, if you can locate the kidney. I do not want to go back there, just the thought of the place brings back the awful taste in my mouth and my stomach revolts.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night on our road trip. Lovely hotel and very modern. Rooms very comfortable. We also used the hotel restaurant and was not disappointed albeit a bit expensive. We choose to visit the village for breakfast as again a bit expensive in the hotel. Would love to visit again

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank probbins2000
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We stayed here as part of a self-guided bike tour. The room was fresh and updated, the staff was charming and friendly, and the location is perfect. This is my favorite type of boutique hotel (updated and modern but in a classic, older building).

Date of stay: August 2017